I Need Help On A Cake Recipe!

Decorating By BlackFlour Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 1:05pm by Uniqueask

BlackFlour Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 13

I have a friend who wants me to make her a cake, and the bachelorette wants a vanilla almond cake with butter cream icing icon_confused.gif . I have a butter cream icing that I make and love, but i'm a box cake user! Can I get a vanilla cake batter and add almond extract to it? Or is that gross? Any help will be great!!! Thank you!!!

12 replies
pattiverde Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 13

You are in luck! It happens that one of the most praised and talked-about cakes on this website is the WASC (white almond sour cream, I think) which is made from a box mix and other ingredients are added to it. It is many people's favorite cake. Surely it has some vanilla extract in it, or you could add some, and there you have it: a vanilla almond cake! (And it doesn't taste sour at all with the sour cream; that just makes it super moist and dense).

icon_smile.gif patti

ddaigle Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 13

Use the WASC recipe. It has vanilla & almond in it. It is an enhanced box recipe and yum! Search for it in the recipe section. I use the one that has oil in the recipe. Good luck!

BlackFlour Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 13

Wohoo! I'm going to look for it now! Thanks so much! thumbs_up.gif

ladybug76 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 13

I swear by WASC recipe... and you will too after baking only one time!!! Your friend will love it!!
~ Jaime

ladybug76 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 13

I swear by WASC recipe... and you will too after baking only one time!!! Your friend will love it!!
~ Jaime

ladybug76 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 13

~ Jaime

serialbabe1968 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:03pm
post #8 of 13

I tried the wasc, it tasted like a boxed cake. i was so looking forward to it. everyone raves about it. maybe it's just me. i know i am sensitive to the chemicals in the boxed cakes.

serialbabe1968 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:04pm
post #9 of 13

I tried the wasc, it tasted like a boxed cake. i was so looking forward to it. everyone raves about it. maybe it's just me. i know i am sensitive to the chemicals in the boxed cakes.

BlackFlour Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:35pm
post #10 of 13

I have to say, I think the majority of people like boxed cake, as they don't know anything different. People rant and rave about how amazing my cakes taste... the 'best thing they've ever had', and little do they know Miss Betty Crocker made it icon_lol.gif I think it's just a preference, and if you don't know better, box cake tastes great especially with a yummy home made icing!

minicuppie Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:51pm
post #11 of 13

Try using the amaretto flavoring by Lorann products. You still have an almond flavor but use less. I also cannot tolerate "flavorings" but this seems just right. HTH.

dhccster Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:58pm
post #12 of 13

I am a WASC fan, too. Here is the link to the recipe I use:

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7445-4-The-Original-WASC-cake-recipe.html

Uniqueask Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:05pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio623

I have a friend who wants me to make her a cake, and the bachelorette wants a vanilla almond cake with butter cream icing icon_confused.gif . I have a butter cream icing that I make and love, but i'm a box cake user! Can I get a vanilla cake batter and add almond extract to it? Or is that gross? Any help will be great!!! Thank you!!!

I made a Vanilla cake for someone, using the WASC recipe just used the french vanilla box mix instead of the white (Betty Crocker) works best for me and I got a recommendation letter, from that customer for when I start selling cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%