Cake Central Search

Decorating By illini89 Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 7:33pm by illini89

illini89 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 9

Is it just me, or does the "search" part not work? What am I doing wrong?

thanks

I am looking for a beachy type wedding cake

8 replies
dhccster Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 9

It's not just you... it doesn't work for me either. icon_cry.gif

dhccster Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 9

It's not just you... it doesn't work for me either. icon_cry.gif

mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=beach&album=84&search_user=

These are all in Round Wedding Cakes and I only used one search term 'beach.' Go to galleries and click on search (up on the purple bar). The Search screen comes up, put in the term(s) you are searching for and specify which category you want to search such as Round Wedding Cakes. You don't have to specify a category, but you will end up with baby shower cakes, birthday cakes, etc.

HTH.

dhccster Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 9

I am not having a problem with the galleries. I am having a problem finding articles or previous forum posts.

poohthebear Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:25pm
post #6 of 9

Seems to be a lot of bugs in the new site. Like the echoing posts and not seeing the whole message. But I am sure are wonderful newlyweds are getting it worked out.

mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 9

dhccster, I do have a horrible time trying to search the forums. If I am too specific or wordy, I don't pull up anything and if I am too broad, I have pages and pages of threads that I can't possibly read. I search with google all the time and it has made my life much easier, but the CC search is a different matter. I'm assuming it is me and that I just don't understand how it is set up. If someone can help, that would be wonderful.

Amymnn Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:28pm
post #8 of 9

I can't get it to work either. I type in the topic and then get a page full of results, then when I click to read any of them, I get the "No topics" message. I've been trying for two weeks now to search for topics I know have been already discussed with no luck. Hope what ever it is gets repaired soon!

illini89 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:33pm
post #9 of 9

glad to hear i am not alone! not glad to hear that I am not alone. Hopefully soon the bugs will get worked out!
thanks everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%