Attaching Chocolate To Fondant? & Bettercreme Under Fond

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 12:20am by jclvs2

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:37pm
post #31 of 36

JCE- you're cake is fantastic too! i love this theme!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 6:58pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym0904

tonedna- that cake is awesome!

Thanks!
Edna icon_smile.gif

jclvs2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jclvs2 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 7:25pm
post #33 of 36

Beautiful cake!! Can anyone tell me if you can use chocolate pieces on the outside of a buttercream cake as decoration ? Will it stick ?or fall off ?or even melt into the buttercream and bleed? I have a baby shower cake in 2 weeks.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 9:59pm
post #34 of 36

I ended up using buttercream. The cake isnt fondant. I had a ton of trouble with my fondant, as always. I had no problems with the chocolate at all. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the comments guys!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 10:50pm
post #35 of 36

My cake is buttercream too..just use a bit of buttercream to attach the pieces.
Edna icon_smile.gif

jclvs2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jclvs2 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 12:20am
post #36 of 36

Ok Thank you both for helping. All I could see is it going bad and not having a back up plan ready. I probably should have one anyway. I've made all the candy pieces: swirls,hearts and stars that I pulled from her napkin she gave that will be at the party and thought using candy as some of the decor would be a bit different then the traditional buttercream ways. This will be my first 2 tierd cake so I am a bit nervous and excited at the same time. I am having a hard time though trying to decide what the cake top should be. Any ideas anyone? There is no special theme to the cake just pastel colors and on her napkin is a rattle with stars, hearts, and swirls around it . Thanks for any imput.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%