I Will Never Ever Use Buttercream As Well.

Decorating By Rylan Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 4:09am by Brujalita

redpepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpepper Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:41am
post #31 of 34

This sounds great my family hates buttercream and it annoys me. What kind of cream are you using (ie. whipping, sweet...)?
Another question, does anyone know when you cover a cake dummy with fondant do I need to put icing under it? I heard plastic wrap so it is reuseable, right? Thanks for the help!

redpepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpepper Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:43am
post #32 of 34

This sounds great my family hates buttercream and it annoys me. What kind of cream are you using (ie. whipping, sweet...)?
Another question, does anyone know when you cover a cake dummy with fondant do I need to put icing under it? I heard plastic wrap so it is reuseable, right? Thanks for the help!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:35am
post #33 of 34

redpepper, I use heavy whipping cream,

As for the dummy, I would guess people would put the fondant directly to the dummy (with something to adhere). You can use plastic wrap if you want to reuse.

Brujalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brujalita Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:09am
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper

I wrap my dummies in plastic wrap and use a little piping gel along the bottom edge to adhere the fondant to the plastic. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%