Please Help!!!

Decorating By NVP Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 3:45pm by notjustcakes

NVP Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:21am
post #1 of 6

okay... i accidentally left 2 fondant covered cakes in the freezer. I wanted to keep them there for about 10 min (because it was hot outside) and forgot to take them out. I finally took them out and now they are sweating. How can i stop them from sweating... i have to cover them in dusted gold shimmer now.... and the shimmer does not look even... it looks weird and it doesnt look like a smooth gold finish... will they ever stop sweating??

please help icon_sad.gif(

5 replies
pattiverde Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:34am
post #2 of 6

Fear not, NVP! They will stop sweating! Just let them rest for a while, about a half hour or at most an hour, and you'll see they will lose that shine and be matte again.

Yay!
icon_smile.gif patti

Dizzymaiden Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 6

Patti - so glad you posted that tip. Still NVP I bet you were sweating it out too! Ugh I hate that feeling - but keep going. I use a timer with a rope around my neck - hard to forget with it beeping off in my ear lol

Rylan Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 6

Let it sweat until it's gone. Just like people, when they sweat, it will evaporate.

Dizzymaiden Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Let it sweat until it's gone. Just like people, when they sweat, it will evaporate.

icon_lol.gif ewweeee

notjustcakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 6

I had that happen...If you have a fan or can put the cake under a cieling fan, it will speed up the process....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%