I Really Need Help.

Baking By farmwife99 Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 4:51am by farmwife99

farmwife99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmwife99 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 12:17am
post #1 of 6

I just got asked by my really good friend to do a cookie bouquet for her nephews wedding shower in August. The problem is instead of wedding cookies, they want fall cookies. Such as leaves, mums, and sunflowers. this is my first paying order and I am really nervous, I found a mum cookie cutter but I have no idea how to even decorate it. The sons mother is also an interior designer so I really feel the pressure here. If anyone has any ideas or has decorated a mum cookie I would really appreciate any advice. Thank-you in advanced.

5 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:45am
post #2 of 6

chrysanthemums look like daisie. I read that some daisies are part of chrysanthemum family. I searched the galleries for chrysanthemum and tfound 3 or 4 pages of cookies. you can also search for daisies. I have seen beautiful daisy cookies and my favorites are by TracyLH, her cookies are so beautiful.

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:37am
post #3 of 6

Do a search for fall cookies. When I did I found 414 pages of different types of fall cookies. I'm sure you can find some ideas from them.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 6

another suggestion is to look at clip art images of the flowers or leaves that you want to use and base your design on a picture that you like.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 6

I did a cookie bouquet last Thanksgiving using leaf a pumpkin and acorn cookie cutters. Decorating the leaves different fall colors made it pretty. I stuck them in a huge cornacopia I got from Hobby Lobby. You can see in my gallery. Good Luck!

farmwife99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmwife99 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:51am
post #6 of 6

Thank-you everyone for your ideas, I have been searching and hopefully I come up with a bouquet that will look great and the bride and her family will like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%