Ganache Refrigeration Questions

Decorating By ss4him Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 8:30am by Bluehue

ss4him Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 5

Since it's made with cream, do you have to refrigerate your cake once you cover it with ganache?

What if you use a whipped ganache for filling?

TIA

Sarah

4 replies
renee2007 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 5

Nope, it doesn't need refridgerated icon_smile.gif

Rylan Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:30am
post #3 of 5

I've refirgerated it without having problems.

Bluehue Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:28am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss4him

Since it's made with cream, do you have to refrigerate your cake once you cover it with ganache?

TIA
Sarah

Hello Sarah -
If you wish to refridgerate Ganache - you can...whether just in a bowl or in/on a cake.
Because the properties of the cream have been changed due to it being bought to boiling point - and you have then mixed it with the chocolate - it is fine out of the fridge for some 5 or so hours.

Once i have torted and filled and then covered a cake With Ganache - i do place it in the ridge to *firm up* before putting my outter layer of regalice on it.

You can also torte and cover a cake with Ganache and then freeze it if you wish - for up to three Months.

Hope this helps
Bluehue icon_smile.gif

Bluehue Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:30am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss4him

TIA
Sarah

Hello Sarah -
If you wish to refridgerate Ganache - you can...whether just in a bowl or in/on a cake.
Because the properties of the cream have been changed due to it being bought to boiling point - and you have then mixed it with the chocolate - it is fine out of the fridge for some 5 or so hours.

Once i have torted and filled and then covered a cake With Ganache - i do place it in the ridge to *firm up* before putting my outter layer of regalice on it.

You can also torte and cover a cake with Ganache and then freeze it if you wish - for up to three Months.

Hope this helps
Bluehue icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%