Buttercream In Fridge Question

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 5 Jul 2009 , 1:10pm by Elise87

Elise87 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 10:06am
post #1 of 7

Just thought i'd ask this while i think of it. A little while ago i made some buttercream the day before i needed to use it and put it in the fridge overnight and then put it out the next day to soften it up again but i found it was sort of thicker and less fluffy than the day before.

Does this usually happen when you put it in the fridge and should just make it on the day or did i maybe not wait long enough for it to soften up? I did re beat it again to soften it up but it didn't bring it back to the consistency i had the day before

Any help would be appreciated icon_smile.gif

6 replies
grama_j Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 10:20am
post #2 of 7

Oh, I leave it in there a week or more at a time..... it really isn't a problem.... you just need to bring it back to room temp.

Elise87 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 10:33am
post #3 of 7

yeh well i was thinking i'm sure people do it all the time and maybe just didn't wait long enough to get to a nice room temp

kakeladi Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 12:03pm
post #4 of 7

Did you use real butter? Being that you are in AU I know you have different ingredients (No Crisco) etc. That probably has something to do with your results.

Elise87 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 7

Yeh i always use real butter. Nothing bad happened like the butter didn't seperate or anything it jsut didn't have the same fluffy consistency but then again i waited a fair while but couldn't wait any longer and it might not have been at room temp yet

grama_j Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 7

Elise, just looked at your photos.......your work is just AMAZING !

Elise87 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 7

aw thanks grama_j icon_smile.gif I remember you from leaving a lovely comment on my little yellow gumpaste bag lol

And what about you?! you do wonderful cakes. I especially love the green hat box that is just so pretty icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%