Will My Cake Hold Together?

Decorating By mcaulir Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 5:30am by mcaulir

mcaulir Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 9:28am
post #1 of 7

I made a chocolate cake a couple of days ago for this Saturday. My oven is new, and I wasn't sure how it would cook. It's a doctored mix recipe that I have used before.

I cooled it for a few minutes in the tin, and turned it out, ready to wrap and freeze. It felt very soft, and part broke off the side.

I wrapped it up and put it in the freezer. Do you think freezing will be enough to hold it together?

It's just for a family birthday, so no great drama if it falls apart.

6 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 10:18am
post #2 of 7

I've used them before when they've broken. Just stick the pieces back together with a little frosting.

Caths_Cakes Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 10:29am
post #3 of 7

Yeah, my chocolate cake is extreeemly moist, 8 times of ten, part of it will crack and break, its normally straight down the middle too , i just stick it all back up with some frosting and make sure its thoroughly glued to the board with frosting. Never had a problem with it after that, nor with when it comes to cutting the cake, the extra frosting is a treat almost icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 10:30am
post #4 of 7

Yeah, my chocolate cake is extreeemly moist, 8 times of ten, part of it will crack and break, its normally straight down the middle too , i just stick it all back up with some frosting and make sure its thoroughly glued to the board with frosting. Never had a problem with it after that, nor with when it comes to cutting the cake, the extra frosting is a treat almost icon_smile.gif

1234me Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 12:49pm
post #5 of 7

I hate that this happened to you, but I also am glad to read it happened to you because it happens with my chocoalte one's all the time. I personally haven't had much luck "gluing" them back together. I assume you already decorated it but make sure you crumb coat it, and then fridge it so you won't get crumbs when you go to put on your top coat of buttercream.

Rylan Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:09am
post #6 of 7

Chocolate cake is usually like that.

I hope the cake turns out well.

mcaulir Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:30am
post #7 of 7

Thanks all! I'll have to see what happens on Friday. I might make lots of extra frosting. That won't be a hardship!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%