Help! Book/bible Cake..

Decorating By LaurieSyracuse Updated 4 Jul 2009 , 4:38pm by CanadianCakin

LaurieSyracuse Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 5

I'm new here...
My grandson asked me to make a David and Goliath cake for his 5th birthday. I'm thinking an open bible/book with David on one side and Goliath on the other with the Scripture reference written on the page... I've looked through the gallery and see some impressive bible/book cakes but haven't got a clue where to begin... Can anyone help? Please!

4 replies
notjustcakes Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 5

The easiest thing to do is to use a book shaped cake pan. Wilton makes one. If you don't want to spend alot of money investing in the pan, look on ebay for a used one or check with your local cake decorating supply shop to see if they will rent one to you. In my town, the cake decorating shop will rent pans to you for $5 a day.

icer101 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 5

i have made several... i do not have a picture posted of them.. the first one i carved myself.. after that. i knew i would invest in the pans. i have 2 sizes that wilton makes. much easier.. made them like a bible for the 2 different people at church.. and then for an elderly lady.. they were fun to do.. hth

LaurieSyracuse Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you, I'm going to run over to Michael's and see if they have the pan right now!

CanadianCakin Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 5

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-628199-.html

Here's a link to a thread all about book cake! It help me out tons!
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%