Strawberry Essence

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 4 Jul 2009 , 2:29pm by Cake4ever

Elise87 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 8:41am
post #1 of 4

Havn't tried strawberry essence before and it prob changes from brand to brand but want to use it to flavour buttercream, has anyone tried it before? Does it taste fairly good when added or does it give like a really fake strawberry flavour?

3 replies
Melnick Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 9:42am
post #2 of 4

I used it - didn't use much as it is super concentrated (just a few drops) and it was SUPER DELICIOUS! The cakes where I used it in the buttercream got devoured rather quickly and I'm now a massive fan - I also tinted the buttercream light pink so it wouldn't seem so fake. Although I love the taste of the strawberry essence in buttercream, I can't stand the banana essence - it really does taste very fake.

Elise87 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 9:58am
post #3 of 4

Yeh i thought it should be alright, cose i trust the brand i am using. I have orange essence i also need to try and now am thinking of buying the strawberry one too

Cake4ever Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for posting this question, I was wondering the same thing. I have not bought it yet, but will do so next time I'm in town. The strawberry essence is clear, so I will definitely try it in my BC.

Thanks!
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%