Please Keep My Family In Your Prayers

Lounge By paula1234 Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 7:00am by mustang1964

paula1234 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:31am
post #1 of 12

I really want everyone to keep my family in their thoughts and prayers. My 19 year old had a stroke on june 23rd! We have been so busy for the past couple of weeks it has been unreal. Our air conditioning went out Father's Day weekend, had tor relocate to a hotel, because here in Georgia in the upper 90's, so I pack up 3 teenage boys, 4 dogs, and a Dad with dementia and we go to a hotel. Can't get the air fixed until late Saturday, house temp in the 100's, decide to board the dogs at the vet's office for the next 2 days. With all this going on, not ot mention cake orders due, the cubmaster of our scout troop calls me at the last minute(no boys in scouts anymore, just volunteered to take a den, still don't know what I was thinking) she wants to meet her at the local fair grounds because me and my 16 year old is craft director for twilight camp. Why am I just now hearing about this on Saturday and camp starts on Monday? So here we go, get there and we are handed a list of the crafts to do. We have five dens that come back to back. We have to do 3 crafts in 25 minutes!!!!!! We had no direcitions what so ever, we had to figure out how to put the crafts together. anyway, on Monday night we finally get to our house with air at 10:30 pm, I have every one in bed including the 4 dogs, my 19 year old tp and I were getting ready to turn out the lights and hit the hay ourselves, when he says to me , Mom, my face feels like there is pins and needles sticking in it, both sides. I don't panic at first, I am 42 and I had my first stroke in my 20's. I have also had bell's palsy. I ask him if he had any other symptoms and he said no. I told him not to panic that it could be bell's palsy. I turned around and he said something to me and I turned back around and said what did you say? His speech was so slurred he could have passed for someone drunk. I told him to get into the truck and told my other 2 boys where I was going and to listen for my Dad. On the way to the ER he started with the numbness and tingling down his left side. 20 minutes after we got to the hospital, his speech cleared up. He was admitted to the hospital, where they thought they were going to have to transfer him to Tn, to a stroke unit. Every test they did was normal. They did do one test, which I can't remember the name of, it required 12 vails of blood and hopefully, we will have the results in 2 weeks. He is home now, and the only residual effect is some left sided weakness. He does have some memory issues. We are very grateful to God, because it could have been a lot worse. On the way to the hospital, he really thought he was going to die, I had to stay calm, I am also a nurse and worked on the stroke floor of our local hospital for 4 years, but you lose what you know when it is you baby. I didn't realize how well he was loved at his job, he works at an up scale retirement community as a wait staff. His boss came to see him, she was all to pieces, telling him it was her fault for working him too hard. then all the young teenage female wait staff came, not to mention a lot of the residents either came or sent gifts or cards. we thought for a while we would have to put no visitor sign on the doors. He has a bishon frise puppy he got for Christmas, never been apart except when she was spade and the boarded when the air went out, we gave her a bath, put her dress on and bows in her hair, and the nurses let us sneak her up. I think that helped him alot. He couldn't believe that Lucy got to come up and see him. I haven't worked at the hospital in 3 years, since my boys dad died, tp said it still looks like you got pull, Mom. Please just remember us. Thanks once again for listening. Sorry so loing.

11 replies
mrspriss0912 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:51am
post #2 of 12

So sorry to hear this My family and I will be praying for you all God Bless!!

Meemawfish Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 10:25am
post #3 of 12

I sure hope everything works out and your son is better. I will put you in my prayers.

Deb_ Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 12

Oh my goodness you certainly have your hands full. I'm so happy that he's doing better now.

Of course, you have my prayers and positive thoughts.

Please remember to take care of yourself too!

KitchenKat Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 12

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

lardbutt Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:53pm
post #6 of 12

As your running around taking care of everybody else...don't forget to take care of yourself too! You're an awesome mom and daughter! Praying for you and your family!

itsmylife Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 12

((((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you and your family. I hope things calm down a bit for you. Glad your son is doing better - I can't imagine how scary that had to be.

kakeladi Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 11:32pm
post #8 of 12

May our loving God bring healing and health to your and your family.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. Please lean & rely on Him.

paula1234 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 12:57am
post #9 of 12

We went and picked up some fireworks for our yearly firework show and one of TP's friends is coming over to help shoot them off. I really think this will be good for him. He has been depressed since his stroke, which sometimes goes along with having a stroke, it happened to me when I had mine. Of course, he doesn't want to hear that, you know how teenagers are. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I guess I just had to vent, not really anyone around here to do that to. Thank God for CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kazoot Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 7:14am
post #10 of 12

God bless you and your family!!! Just know God is there and He will bring you all through this. You are never alone. Bless you!!

cheekygirl Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:35am
post #11 of 12

Your family is lucky to have you. You sound like a great daughter and mother. I will keep you in my prayers.

mustang1964 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 7:00am
post #12 of 12

I will pray for you and your family, I hope you will find strength in the Lord.

Quote by @%username% on %date%