leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:58am
post #1 of 48

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

47 replies
leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:02am
post #2 of 48

The amount of time it takes for a response toload is gonna make this a slow night.

I have one more cake to decorate. (four tier)

__Jamie__ Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:13am
post #3 of 48

Working on a really cool dummy cake for a bridal show at the end of next month. Two tier, with funky cut out blue swirls, brown dots, same color stripes on one tier....and a tall cylindrical cone top. It's gonna be cool. It is so blasted hot here, I'm sure this is gonna be a slowwwwww month for cake orders. And next month. 1 wedding! But then again, it's 110+ daily from here on out until late September, so it's understandable (no weddings).

newnancy Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:14am
post #4 of 48

I had it easy tonight. I just made a ice cream sandwich cake. I know it's not a real cake but it did take some time to unwrap about 44 ice cream sandwiches (11x15 pan). It was requested by several for the 4th bar-b-q. Hope everyone has a safe & Happy 4th.
Leahs,
I'd have to shoot myself if I had to do a 4 tier cake this late, I'm sooo slow.

leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:19am
post #5 of 48

Meh . . . I'm a night person. I didn't start working till probably 4.

Jamie, where the heck are you???

sugarplumfairycanada Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:19am
post #6 of 48

Hi,

I am working on a 9" round vanilla cake with lemon curd decorated with pink and purple flowers. Not complicated. I just pop in a DVD and listen to it while I work. Happy Caking and 4th of July to everyone in the U.S.A.

juliebold Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:20am
post #7 of 48

just finished 101 cookies and put on trees. and a grad cake for 80. Gonna go out and sit next to the fire a relax.

juliebold Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:20am
post #8 of 48

just finished 101 cookies and put on trees. and a grad cake for 80. Gonna go out and sit next to the fire a relax.

leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:25am
post #9 of 48

Julie - a fire? Where are you?

juliebold Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:26am
post #10 of 48

South Jersey. Near Atlantic City. Nice breeze off the bay tonite. But the bugs will take you away. Only thing to keep them away is the smoke from a fire.

leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:32am
post #11 of 48

Ohhh . . .Julie! Are you one of those "Real Housewives of New Jersey"? ::giggle::

juliebold Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:35am
post #12 of 48

No just a starving real estate agent with a passion for cake decorating. It keeps me sane. Hope this did not post twice.

Wendl Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:41am
post #13 of 48

I'm not doing anything tonight - but waking early tomorrow to make 2 dozen cupcakes (lemon) w/4th of July decos (prob fireworks) for a noon party.
Then, I'm taking a break from cake - going to New Orleans next week for "Tales of the Cocktail" where I'm going to a seminar on "Wedding Cakes & Cocktails" w/Kerry Vincent (and tasting all kinds of drinks and eating lots of yummy food).

__Jamie__ Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:44am
post #14 of 48

Heh...Arizona, nasty summers. Seriously, they almost put you in a coma. So cake-ing here requires an outrageous electricity bill (air conditioning), excellent a/c in the car, and no outdoor functions.

juliebold Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:51am
post #15 of 48

Time to call it a nite. Hope everyone has a great 4th. See ya next Friday.

sew4children Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:58am
post #16 of 48

I have a light night, one cookie cake. I don't particularly have anything difficult so much as I waited until the last minute due to my daughter's cheerleading!

Wishing all of you a happy and safe holiday weekend!

NoahLili Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:02am
post #17 of 48

I'm working on fondant cupcake toppers for next weekend.....Star Wars themed....R2D2, light sabers, death star, and darth vader. My darth vader toppers don't seem to be coming out like I want them to. I'm trying to sculpt just his head. I may have to make them 2 dimentional. It's beginning to frustrate me, so I may have to put them aside and call it a night.

__Jamie__ Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:07am
post #18 of 48

I am just dang intrigued by using a Cricut cutter for gumpaste now. I swear I want one NOW!!! I think I need to wait until I get another ok cake order though.

So what's the deal with Cricut? When you buy the kit, I know it comes with some designs already. If you want new cartridges, do you get a decent assortment with one cartridge? Say like a font only cartridge? I guess I could do my own homework, but wonder if anyone can shed some light on it.

__Jamie__ Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:13am
post #19 of 48

Eh, checking out the cricut site now. I'll hang out in the other thread for this. Don't want to clog up FNCC! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:15am
post #20 of 48

Jamie, its OK. I was watching those other threads also. I think that I will have to buy a Cricut.

Debs71 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:23am
post #21 of 48

Hi all,

It's my first time joining the FNCC. Tonight I'm working on a 12" round with a horse FBCT on top for my niece's bday tomorrow. I'm just waiting for the cakes to cool. Thankfully the icing and FBCT are ready and waiting. Gonna be a late night.. good thing I'm a night owl.

Oh, and I made a batch of Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies for our family BBQ tomorrow.

Deb

leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:24am
post #22 of 48

Hi Deb,
Those brownies sound yummy. Can you push one through the screen?

LKing12 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:24am
post #23 of 48

I just finished a very large sheet cake for an outside ordination reception Sunday evening for our pastor's son. They are decorating with sunflowers, so, the cake has sunflowers. I am glad that I am finished. I am up late touching up paint in the living room. My DH is going to help me rearrange furniture tomorrow.
Everyone enjoy the fire works and be careful!

LKing12 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:26am
post #24 of 48

I just finished a very large sheet cake for an outside ordination reception Sunday evening for our pastor's son. They are decorating with sunflowers, so, the cake has sunflowers. I am glad that I am finished. I am up late touching up paint in the living room. My DH is going to help me rearrange furniture tomorrow.
Everyone enjoy the fireworks and be careful!

Renaejrk Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:28am
post #25 of 48

I have one due in the morning, basic 1/2 sheetcake with Elvis theme - she didn't want much detail to keep costs down, but I had to at least put an Elvis silhouette on it with some fondant records! - but I finished it 3 a.m. yesterday morning, lol. I wanted to have family time for the holiday weekend! Just boxed it and put it in the fridge.

LKing12 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:29am
post #26 of 48

Everyone have a safe 4th-enjoy the fireworks!

cakeandpartygirl Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:35am
post #27 of 48

I wish that I could say that I have something to work on but I am sitting in a hotel room watching Akelia and the bee with my family. Otherwise I am absolutely bored wishing that I had a job or a cake to do.

Debs71 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #28 of 48

Leahs... if I could I definitely would. They are an old old family recipe. I'm not allowed in the front door at Xmas if I don't have these in hand! Even though I'm the one cooking the bird!

starcitycakes Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:43am
post #29 of 48

I have a zebra cake due on Sunday. I'm gonna have a "BURST" on fondant balls come from the top. Does anyone know how you are "supposed" to do that. I heard the wire isn't supposed to actually touch the cake. Any advice...??

mrspriss0912 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:44am
post #30 of 48

Goodevening all just hanging out waiting for tommorow have a banana-split cake to do in the morning but not sleepy yet.... DH is snoring and I am wide awake. Thought I would say hi Hope everyone has a great 4th

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%