Does Anyone Sell Cake Balls?

Business By EatSomeCake Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 8:10am by three_sets_of_twins

EatSomeCake Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:07am
post #1 of 6

I have a customer who would like to order cake balls. She's a friend of someone I work with. Anyways, I was just wondering what you all charge for a dozen? Thanks to all for your input....

5 replies
ddaigle Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 6

I'm sure it varies by location, but here's some prices for a place in Dallas that sells them. I can't imagine selling them for over $2 a piece....but I bet people gobble them up.

6 piece box $16.00
12 piece box $27.00
18 piece box $40.00
24 piece box $54.00
36 piece box $80.00

Mensch Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 6

Cake balls? Nope, but I thought about it.

I just can't seem to get these cakes to stand still long enough for castration....

chefjess819 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Cake balls? Nope, but I thought about it.

I just can't seem to get these cakes to stand still long enough for castration....

ROFL!!!! already started to a bad day for me...thanks for adding a laugh in there to make up for it!!! icon_lol.gif

tonicake Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 6

I sell cake pops & cake bites. If an order is less than 40, I charge $1.25 each. It takes just as much time to get every thing out and cleaning them up for a large order as it does for 12. So, the more they buy the less it costs per item.

three_sets_of_twins Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 8:10am
post #6 of 6

Hello!
I sell cake ballsall the time. theyre actually my number one item. (cant figure out why, I dont HATE cake balls but I still dont think theyre that great lol). Well actually I think it's because I'm american living in the middle east (yall think YOU HAVE HUMIDITY ISSUES?!?!) and cake balls have never, ever been seen here before. I'm the only person or place that provides them, so theyre the "new thing" here.
I sell mine for around $40 for 50 balls.Some say its cheap, some say it's expensive. I dont know if things cost more or less where I am, but theyre not that expensive to make. most the pricing is time and effort!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%