Chocolate Baby Bottle

Decorating By deetmar Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 3:15pm by KHalstead

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:03am
post #1 of 10

I bought the mold for the baby bottle but need help with how you make it and put it together. The first time I poured white chocolate into the bottle part, let it set up, then put the pink in the cap, let it set up, then put yellow in the nipple. It unmolded okay, but I don't know how to put them together, and the kind of ran together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

9 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:22am
post #2 of 10

is this a 3d mold? if it has two parts then brush the seams with melted chocolate and press the two parts together. After you can clean the seam with a knife and just shave the extra chocolate to clean it up.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 10

To insure that both halves are perfectly flat, place a sheet pan upside down over a stove burner. Heat the sheet pan for a few seconds, then turn off the heat. Hold each half of the bottle in each hand and rub them on the sheet pan. The choc will melt instantly, giving you a flat surface and 'glue'. Stick the two halves together, let set up, then clean up the seams as charmed described above.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreicate it. I knew there was something that I was getting, but now I understand.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #5 of 10

WOW! Terrific hints!

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:13am
post #6 of 10

how does one prevent the colors from running together?

CMTorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMTorie Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 7:28am
post #7 of 10

I have that mold too, and although I havent done it myself yet, my local cake decorating shop owner told me to first 'paint' the nipple, let it dry, then 'paint' the rim, let it dry. Then, fill one half of the bottle with chocolate, lock the two pieces together, hold with binder clips all the way around, then shake the chocolate all around so that it covers BOTH sides. Then, let the chocolate set (probably in the fridge), unmold, and your two sides are seamlessly joined together as one!

Sounds pretty simple, but I haven't done it yet. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 10

thanks, so much for your help! Anyone else done it and had success? The mould has little tabs or buttons to snap together. Is this enough to close it or do I need to buy a (clip?)

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 2:52pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbuns

thanks, so much for your help! Anyone else done it and had success? The mould has little tabs or buttons to snap together. Is this enough to close it or do I need to buy a (clip?)

Follow all the directions as above, and then I used a couple of extra clips to secure them together.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:15pm
post #10 of 10

yeah, you need to paint each section individually, just the surface and then you would just fill the whole thing with 1 solid color of chocolate. It's nice this way too because you can paint the bottle body white, the ring pink, the nipple yellow, and then fill the whole thing with milk chocolate if that's your preference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%