Unhappy Customer

Decorating By kimmyboo925 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 8:16pm by all4cake

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 9

I was going to be away so I gave my girlfriend a cookie and cupcake order that I took last minute. We do most of my orders together. I just got my very first complaint. I figured the order was pretty easy. Now what do I do. I told the customer to call her and tell my friend that she is unhappy with the order. She was the one that was paid for the order. I told the customer her next order is on me. She was calling her to complain. Do I reimburse her for the order even though I was not the one that did it or got paid for it?

8 replies
auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 9

I think what you offered her was very generous. You can let your friend try to deal with the situation so that the customer walks away happy; give her a chance to "right" her "wroing". Did the customer eat the cookies??

It does get a little "sticky" when working with friends sometimes, doesn't it?

Happy 4th of July! icon_smile.gif

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 9

I think what you offered her was very generous. You can let your friend try to deal with the situation so that the customer walks away happy; give her a chance to "right" her "wroing". Did the customer eat the cookies??

It does get a little "sticky" when working with friends sometimes, doesn't it?

Happy 4th of July! icon_smile.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 9

If the business is your's and your friend helps, I would say that you should be responsible for handling the customer's satisfaction situation...if the order was placed with you and you handed it off to your friend...it's still your customer...

if the business is ya'll's together, the customer was aware that someone other than you may be fulfilling the order...

OMG...this candle smells like scented feminine products!!!!!!!!!!

then possibly your friend should be responsible for the compensation end but since the customer has dealt with you, you should complete the ordeal with the customer and keep the other woes, between you and your friend.

I wouldn't have had the customer call your friend if the customer has only been in contact with you thus far....

post #5 of 9

Well...it sure didn't smell like that when I bought it!

(duplicate post...)

post #6 of 9

duplicate post...sorry...

post #7 of 9

sorry...I forgot to hit the stop button

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

OMG...this candle smells like scented feminine products!!!!!!!!!!
I can't even think...I have got to remove this candle from the area!

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Hahhahahaha...OMG! Too funny. Now I kow I'm not alone. I hate that smell. And the gross thing is, ok, this is realy gross, but I don't care. I can pick up that smell a mile away. It's so ummmmm, "tell tale"? Like, please get something unscented!!??!?? Please??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

all4cake Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 8:16pm
post #9 of 9

I can't stand it!

Although, I would prefer that smell to a skunk smell...you hit it on the head with the "tell tale" or should it be tail tale smell....

"oh, no one will know. I smell so feminine fresh."...more like the automatic misters in public bathrooms...let me the heck out of there before that thing shoots off again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%