Bringing Cake To A Barbecue

Decorating By Penny7271 Updated 4 Jul 2009 , 9:14pm by aundrea

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 7

We're going to a 4th of July barbecue tomorrow. I am planning on bringing a cake. I have been dying to try a stacked cake with red and white stripes on the bottom and blue with white stars on top (there were several very pretty ones here...)

My question is - it is just too much to bring a two-tiered cake to a barbecue? I am not concerned about time or cost since I want to do it. But I don't want to have it be viewed as just over the top.

Thanks for any thoughts you share...

6 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 7

If you wish to make it and bring it, then do so! Just be careful if it is going to be outside that your cake doesn't slide off in the heat! icon_biggrin.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 7

If you wish to make it and bring it, then do so! Just be careful if it is going to be outside that your cake doesn't slide off in the heat! icon_biggrin.gif

PHYLLIS58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PHYLLIS58 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:05am
post #4 of 7

I think you should bring it. You should be proud of what you can do, there are alot of people who can't bake anything. So I would say by all means bring your best cake and show off a little. You will feel so proud of your self. Good Luck. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:18am
post #5 of 7

If you really feel like it, do it, don't worry I think everyone will love you! At the end of the day everyone will close the meal with coffee and cake, yumm!!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 7

I brought a two tier cake to our church's Father's day picnic! Everyone thought it was great! Go for it!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with everyone. Especially since its something you want to do. So much better then feeling like you have to make a cake. Have fun with your cake and enjoy! I'm sure everyone will be amazed and appreciate the work you put into your cake.
Good luck! And btw your cake sounds awesome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%