First Wedding Shower Cake!

Decorating By Jbroy2380 Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 12:40am by djs328

Jbroy2380 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jbroy2380 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 5

I've been enlisted to make a wedding shower cake for my best friend. She requested lemon cake w/ a cream cheese frosting. Any good recipes that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated!

I am planning on doing just 2 simple tiers - what size should I do for 75-85 people? She has no preference on square/rectangle/round.

Also - my thoughts for decorating -very simple, just a deep purple ribbon around each tier and a simple fresh flower topper. Will ribbon work well on cream cheese decorator's frosting?

Thanks for any insight!!! icon_redface.gif

4 replies
woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 5

Just got this recipe for decorators CC icing. I haven't tried it but cant wait to! This is a recipe from this site... I can't remember who posted it, but it's called Decorator's Cream Cheese icing.

1/2 cup of shortening
1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter @ room temp
1 8oz bar cream cheese @ room temp
1 tblsp white vanilla extract
2 lbs shifted powder sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Cream together shortening, butter, and cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add vanilla into mixture and combine. Sift together sugar and salt, and slowly add to shortening, butter & cheese mixture. Make sure that all sugar is incorporated. Enjoy!

Also, indydebi always has the best info for cake sizes/servings. You can probably search through some of these older post to find what sizes you need. She usually posts something about it every other day or so! LOL Or, Wilton has a serving chart on their website... So you could use that.. HTH11

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 5

Just got this recipe for decorators CC icing. I haven't tried it but cant wait to! This is a recipe from this site... I can't remember who posted it, but it's called Decorator's Cream Cheese icing.

1/2 cup of shortening
1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter @ room temp
1 8oz bar cream cheese @ room temp
1 tblsp white vanilla extract
2 lbs shifted powder sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Cream together shortening, butter, and cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add vanilla into mixture and combine. Sift together sugar and salt, and slowly add to shortening, butter & cheese mixture. Make sure that all sugar is incorporated. Enjoy!

Also, indydebi always has the best info for cake sizes/servings. You can probably search through some of these older post to find what sizes you need. She usually posts something about it every other day or so! LOL Or, Wilton has a serving chart on their website... So you could use that.. HTH

Jbroy2380 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jbroy2380 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:29am
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the reply!!! I saw that recipe on the site and am glad someone else recommended.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:40am
post #5 of 5

I've seen that recipe on here, too and have been wondering how it is...I think I've seen others comment that it is very good and can stand at room temp...(at least I think it's that recipe!?)
As for serving size, there is a chart on CC also...
http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1410210.html
Hope that helps!
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%