Remember How There Usued To Be Like 4 Rows Of Pictures

Decorating By nickymom Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 3:06am by JanH

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 53

When you logged in to the website and under the message part there was 4 rows of pictures of like
Most Popular,
Uploaded Today etc....

I miss that because the top row of pictures usually was full of upcoming holday pics etc.....I was hoping to come in and be inspired or get ideas on a 4th of July cake quickly............but then again I could just go to the picture gallery and look for the holiday section and it would be the same but the other way was quicker.....

52 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 53

I miss it too. icon_sad.gif

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 53

Don't like this set up at all either. I think they just it for the worse and the same cakes keep repeating! Wish they would go back.

ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 53

I miss it too.

rox00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rox00 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 53

I miss it also. icon_cry.gif I liked the other way better.
We have a slower internet, living in the country, so it's not very user friendly for us.

PLEASE go back to the old way !!!

SweetRocky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetRocky Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 53

I know what you mean. It is harder to find quality cake inspiration this way. I imagine that this way is likely more encouraging for those whose cakes aren't viewed as often, because they get a few minutes of fame. The attitude promoted on this website is so positive and clean that these changes don't surprise me much. Perhaps in the future there will be a return of the holiday cakes and of the most popular cakes. Those were the most valuable to me for inspiration. In the meantime, kuddos to Jackie, Heath and their team for making this site positive.

Carlachef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlachef Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:59pm
post #7 of 53

I agree please bring back the old way !!!!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:13pm
post #8 of 53

I have actually found that I spend far LESS time on CC b/c of the new layout.

I really really really liked the old way - PLEASE bring it back!!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm
post #9 of 53

I've also found I spend less time here! I wish they would bring back the old layout.. I loved being able to see the pictures for the upcoming holidays- I always found it fun and inspirational! I also looked at many more pictures then because we got a greater view of popular photos, new photos, most popular from today.. I loved that!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:43pm
post #10 of 53

me too - I don't get to see all the pics and I don't comment as much or get as many comments as I used to - or views......

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:43pm
post #11 of 53

with the newest uploads being in the box I have found that not every picture ever makes it's way into the slide. It rotates on a timed preset amount and then only takes the last pictures up-loaded. if twenty pictures are up-loadded at the sames time then we are missing a whole lot of cake. Some really great cakes infact. My preference is to have the mixed windows also. Seeing the new favorites was inspiring as well as the upcoming holiday stuff.
You really have to go back to the galleries and veiw the last up-loads as pages are added almost every day.

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:46pm
post #12 of 53

I like the old format better icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:18am
post #13 of 53

I also HATE change, it's not always for the best. I'm not on CC half of the time I used to be, I guess that could be a good thing I'm getting more things done. Hehehehehehe

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:31am
post #14 of 53

I really miss it too.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:43am
post #15 of 53

If we are taking a vote I would vote for the old way.
The only good thing is that I'm not on as much as I used to be. LOL who am I kidding I'm still on a lot, but I miss seeing the holiday photos and most popular. For me they were real inspirations.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:46am
post #16 of 53

If we are taking a vote I would vote for the old way.
The only good thing is that I'm not on as much as I used to be. LOL who am I kidding I'm still on a lot, but I miss seeing the holiday photos and most popular. For me they were real inspirations.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:41pm
post #17 of 53

Thanks so much to OP for posting this... I hadn't realized how little time I spend here lately until this thread made me think about it. Last night I actually opened the galleries and went to the new pictures and spent so much time looking through 30 pages of beautiful cakes! Wow... what a pleasure to browse through the galleries again! The old homepage format is certainly missed!

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:01pm
post #18 of 53

icon_sad.gif i miss the old way 2, pretty please bring it back

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:07pm
post #19 of 53

I also really miss the old way of seeing all the photos, favourites.. new photos etc on the opening page of CC.....

I just thought this new format was temporary.......

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:11pm
post #20 of 53

I don't even go to the main page anymore...I bookmarked the "search for new posts" and that's what I go to now.

I really enjoyed seeing the most popular ones.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:13pm
post #21 of 53

I agree, the old way was so much better and I agree that the old way was much more inspriational. This way is boring, to me anyway. The old way there was so much more too see.

I also notice I have been spending a LOT less time on here with the new format.

nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:29pm
post #22 of 53

I think the old format gave more people more exposure. I saved more pix from it. I don't spend as much time here either because of it. Not as much insppiration.

nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:30pm
post #23 of 53

I think the old format gave more people more exposure. I saved more pix from it. I don't spend as much time here either because of it. Not as much insppiration.

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:41pm
post #24 of 53

I agree!! I say let's tell Jackie or Heath that we want our old format back!! I loved the old format...you would get a variety of inspiration!!
icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

wc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wc Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:50pm
post #25 of 53

I completely agree. I skip right past the pictures on the home page now. I find the scrolling annoying. I really would like the old format back!

punkiin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkiin Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:56pm
post #26 of 53

Totally agree! I'm not on Cake Central near as much....harder to find what your looking for. I've found other websites I visit.

PLEASE BRING THE OLD HOME PAGE BACK!!!!!!

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:58pm
post #27 of 53

I really enjoyed the upcoming holiday pictures row. I need to see ideas to get me going, and there are such talented people out there to inspire me! I do go to the galleries when I'm looking for something in particular, but I miss the spontaneuos ideas from the holiday row.

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:59pm
post #28 of 53

I really enjoyed the upcoming holiday pictures row. I need to see ideas to get me going, and there are such talented people out there to inspire me! I do go to the galleries when I'm looking for something in particular, but I miss the spontaneuos ideas from the holiday row.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:04pm
post #29 of 53

I'll start the chant.......OLD.. HOME ..PAGE......OLD.. HOME.. PAGE....OLD.. HOME.. PAGE!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:12pm
post #30 of 53

I don't ususally chime in on "complaint" threads, but this one is so polite!! I do prefer the old way--

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%