Champagne Colored Buttercream

Decorating By starra328 Updated 4 Jul 2009 , 3:34am by starra328

starra328 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #1 of 5

hi, does anyone know how to make champagne colored buttercream? i have my first official wedding cake on the 18th of july and the bride pick this color for the buttercream and pearl for the scroll work. i pretty much set on everything else i order the sps,boards boxes, and drum . i'm still deciding on a buttercream i really like the crusting cream cheese b.c. on this site. Also can anyone reccomended a compact fridge just for cake? Thanks in advance,

4 replies
DianeLM Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 5

I'd try a tiny bit of Americolor gold for the champagne color. Sorry, I can't help with your other questions.

indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 5

Ivory, tan, cream, off-white, champagne .... it's all the same to me. And that's what I tell my brides.

cheesecakes-galore Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 5

I recently had a tasting where the bride wanted to see my color versions of ivory and champagne. I used butter in my buttercream icing and just added a small hint of the brown color until I got what I felt was champagne. By the way her cake is going to be ivory with champagne details. Really though, there is so much difference in what some consider a certain color. Do you have a color swatch? That would help you greatly.

starra328 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 3:34am
post #5 of 5

thanks guys. i'm going to ask for a swatch this week . i was going to a test run using golden and warm brown. my sister told me to go for taupe with some warm golden yellow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%