Best Square Cake Pans??

Decorating By whitneysmere Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 12:50am by whitneysmere

whitneysmere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitneysmere Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #1 of 11

I'm doing my first wedding cake and need to buy some square wedding cake pans. I've heard that Wilton aren't that good, but Magic Line is...although they seem really expensive. Any other cake pans out there with straight edges??

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

10 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #2 of 11

I love my magic pans!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:16am
post #3 of 11

I like my Wilton square pans. I have every size. I also have one Fat Daddio square pan, but I haven't used it yet.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:20am
post #4 of 11

Magic Line. They aren't expensive, as the price is perfectly appropriate for the product offered. Kind of like a well made cake...anyways, here is a comparison picture of Magic Line next to a FD. ML are the only ones with truly square corners, and the cakes come out sharp as a knife. Best investment I've made as far as pans go. icon_smile.gif
LL

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:23am
post #5 of 11

I agree with the well-made cake analogy. Magic LIne ARE not expensive. The quality is superior. You will not regret a ML purchase.

Wilton: grocery store cake
Magic Line: freshly baked custom cake

__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:25am
post #6 of 11

Guess we can't post pics...oh well. It'll be fixed soon. I'll try again. I've posted that pic before, maybe you can find it.
LL

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:32am
post #7 of 11

I'm a hobby baker and I also say Magic Line. Yes, they cost more than some others, but it's because they are so far superior to others. You won't have to replace them...probably EVER. You have to think of them as a long-term investment if you have a hard time paying more for them.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:34am
post #8 of 11

Also, if you need to buy 4 or more pans, you can get them on Amazon with their 4-for-3 promotion (buy 3, get one free) and there's no tax and free shipping on orders over $25 (or free, period, if you're a Prime member).

I also vote for ML! they're a little harder to clean, but bake up with perfect edges and are sooooo much better than Wilton.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:36am
post #9 of 11

Jamie - The picture of the pans is very useful. Thanks. But I am fascinated that they are in front of the Ford! Is there any significance?

__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 5:04am
post #10 of 11

Lololololol. I was wondering if anyone was going to ask that! The lighting in the house was bad when I wanted to take that pic, so I took the pans out back in the setting sun, and I put them on a door my hubby is refinishing, which happened to be right in front of his truck. icon_wink.gif

whitneysmere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitneysmere Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:50am
post #11 of 11

Thank you all soooo much. I think I'll definitely look into the Magic Line pans. That picture was worth a thousand words!!! It really helped make my decision. I'm glad I didn't I waste my $$$ on the Wilton.
The analogy between grocery store and professional was very helpful, too.

Off to shopping! I'll check AMAZON.

Thanks, again!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%