One Of Thoes Days

Lounge By mrspriss0912 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 2:47pm by mrspriss0912

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 12:06am
post #1 of 10

Do you ever have one of those days when you feel like you are having to do EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY?????? icon_mad.gif Today was just one of those days I think everyone at work today sent their brains ahead early for vacation!!! I mean really is it that hard to understand double click on a computer? ! Better yet They found a recipt in the parking lot that belonged to another business "A Day Spa" and come in carring on to me that it is a violation of hippa...... Guess what that is not ours it came from next door!!!! but now come Monday I get the honors of taking it over and explaining that it was founf out back and that they should double check what they put in the trash. My question is .... Dose HIPPA cover day spa's ?? I mean really ???? Dose the state or anybody really care if John Q Public gets a wax!!!????? Better yet how dose this become my job ? I am not a manager ..... just the general flunky ! Anywho just wondered if anybody else has crazy days like this and how do you deal? I think I am going to go a few rounds with the punching bag and then call it a night qith a good book and a beer .
Sorry so long had to get it out . icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

9 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #2 of 10

So sorry you're having a bad day, but.....what heck are you talking about?? icon_biggrin.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:04am
post #3 of 10

What are you talking about? I just don't get it. I think you are saying that someone found a receipt from another business and said that it violated HIPPA laws. How does a receipt violate HIPPA laws? I just don't get it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:23am
post #4 of 10

Hippa prohibits ANY medical information from being disbursed. A receipt could have some hippa-private information. It doesn't sound like it was the same as a cash register receipt, but something with more info on it.

Why do you even have to return it? Why do you have to alert them to their trash problem? If someone gave that to me, I'd probably just shred it and move on. I"m not the parking lot police. Not my problem.

Yes, and I've had days where everyone went brain dead.

An extreme example is the day after we moved our office to a new location. All employees were told to label EVERYTHING they needed. They were given labels. If a piece of furniture had no label, it wasn't getting moved.

Monday, some chic comes up because she's missing a cabinet. I asked her how she labeled it. She didn't. I told her "Then it's still at the old office." She give me the deer-in-the-headlights look and asked me "How are you going to get it?"

I said, "I'm NOT going to get it. The mover are done. They're gone. You didnt' label it. I dont' know how YOU'RE going to get the cabinet. But I'm not a moving company." And I walked away from her.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:27am
post #5 of 10

And hubby shares his brain-dead story. He worked in a bank and he was overseeing some major office moves. The morning after the move, a guy comes into hubby's office (hubby describes him as a "prima donna college boy!") and says, "There's a problem in my office." Hubby follows him to his office and college boy says, "My trash can is on the wrong side of my desk."

icon_surprised.gif I'm not kidding. College Boy was "too executive" to reach down and move his own freakin' trash can to the other side of his desk.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:27am
post #6 of 10

Among other things, Federal HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability) laws cover disclosure of information pertaining to health care, such as procedures, diagnoses, etc.. If day spas are covered by HIPAA, then they should be shredding or otherwise properly disposing of protected information. Of course, I would wonder if it was the client who carelessly dropped the receipt. HIPAA doesn't protect the patient from his/her own carelessness.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:25am
post #7 of 10

I understand what HIPAA is because my husband used to work for insurance but I am confused because if it was just a receipt from a spa usually the business gives the customer the receipt. So it sounds to me like the customer lost the receipt or dropped it. I don't get why she had to go explain it to the spa. I also don't get why the person who brought it to her attention just didn't do it themselves if they were so freakin concerned. It annoys me when people always want to point out problems but never want to be apart of the solution and hand it off to someone else. LOL

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 3:17am
post #8 of 10

Hey Karema...it's almost over, huh? A few weeks to go! icon_smile.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 3:55am
post #9 of 10

I don't understand why you have to concern yourself with the receipt??? Toss it, unless you were told by management to deal with it.

But, if this is the most stressful thing going on in your life you are doing pretty well. Sit back and appreciate that.

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:47pm
post #10 of 10

Well I loved the "brain dead" stories I think Monday morning I will just toss that in the shred bin and forget it. Mabey try and steer clear of the parking lot for a while LOL icon_rolleyes.gif My office is a ASC so we are always being tactfull reminded of hippa! I highly doubt that a day spa fits the bill though.
Hubby told me last night that hippa would look at the recepit (being that they are lurking in parking lots in Lebanon Tn on a regular basis) and would just go to that company and talk with them and not bother us !!
Co-worker strikes me as an alarmist and a all around busy body mmmmm anybody remember Mrs Cravitz from Be-Witched??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Indedebi please tell hubby I loved the story I will make sure all the trash cans are on the right side this week!! LOL
I hope everybody hs a great 4th and be safe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%