Freezing A Cake?

Decorating By hebberd Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 1:51am by kakeladi

hebberd Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 2

I have 4 nieces and nephews coming the end of next week and I want to have cakes ready for them to decorate for their grandparents' birthdays. I am looking for any tips on freezing cakes. I have made the cakes and am working on frosting them tonight. Any help any of you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Hebberd

1 reply
kakeladi Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 2

Wrap those cakes (on a board the same size as they are) in plastic wrap, then put into a cake box which is put into a plastic bag. OR once wrapped in plastic, slip into a clean plastic bag, or put in a tubberwear type container. They will do just fine icon_smile.gif Remove them from the fzr the night before (or early in the a.m.) you want to use them. They can defrost in the frig OR on the counter. Do not unwrap until 15-30 minutes before working on them.
Oopppps......You are icing them before fzing? Then you have to put them into a cake box or tubberwear type container to fz. OR sometimes people put them right into the fzr (unwrapped) for a couple hours to harden the icing, then remove to wrap in plastic wrap &/or a plastic bag.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%