Please Help Quick

Baking By kandu001 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 2:11am by kandu001

kandu001 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I am going to need to order a number 1 cookie for favors for a friend's daughter's 1st birthday. I want the kind with the base not just the stick or the top; like the 1s in the typing I'm using. I see many people have used this to create 1s in the gallery. The only one I can find is from Copper Gifts .com and it will cost me $20.95 just for the one cookie cutter. Since I don't sell my things I would love to find a cheaper one. Does anyone know where I can get one? I've searched and searched and searched, but nothing. I'm going out of town, so I need to order it now or I won't have it in time.

Also, if I can't order a cheaper one, I was thinking of making a tracer/stencil of a number 1, but I don't know if the cookies will come out as pretty. Anyone know?

Thanks!!

5 replies
tripleD Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 6

kandu001 try making your own cutter. there is a great tutorial on this site.
its very simple. I have made mine after suggestions when I was hunting for a cutter.

KatieKake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 6

have you searched goggle, I tried it and came up with several site for number cookie cutters, here is one of them http://www.kitchengifts.com/numbers.html I couldn't find a price on them, but you can call, and there are many other sites with them, Amazon has several sets.

Patz3490 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 6

Try www.countrykitchen.com they have them for 1.00 3" ones I just looked on their site. Ilove going there when I need something that I can not find anywhere else.

kandu001 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 6

tripple D, where can I find the tutorial?

kandu001 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:11am
post #6 of 6

Never mind, thanks everyone, but I just decided to go ahead and order the stupid expensive cookie cutter. Since I'm leaving, I don't have time to deal with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%