Tapered Tiers

Decorating By whitet4 Updated 13 Nov 2012 , 4:50am by 2txmedics

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 5

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1303775

I want to make a tapered cake for my sons birthday next week. I have carved cakes before, but my question is...... Can you put a filling in these types of cakes. Because I know if I dam then when I carve all the filling will come out. Would it be possible to layer with out filling and then carve. Then later go back and dam???? Thanks in advance!!!!!!

4 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 6:53am
post #2 of 5

I am by no means an expert and haven't done a cake like this yet but here is how I would do it.....

I would bake, wrap and freeze each layer.. the next day I would unwrap, stack (dry) and carve to the shape, take them back apart dam and fill then restack and crumb coat. Then finish as you normally would..

Maybe someone else can give some better advice, but that is how I would do it..

HTH

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 5

Yep. If you're going to add a filling, place a couple cardboards in between your layers before you carve the taper. After carving, separate the layers and add your dam and filling. Put the layers back together. You may need to trim a little to even everything out.

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 5

thanks everyone that's what I thought. I must really love my baby boy that's a LOT of work. I'll post next weekicon_smile.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 4:50am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%