Cake From Vegas To Los Angeles

Decorating By bakermommy4 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 10:14pm by bakermommy4

bakermommy4 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 6

My daughter will be 7 on July 17th. She is spending the summer in California with her dad and I still want to make her cake. She wants a Hannah Montanna guitar cake. We live in Vegas and I would have to either make the cake there...in L.A. or make it here and travel the 3 and a half hours with it.

What I want to know is which do you all think is the better option. The downside to making it in L.A. is that I might forget something...I don't like working in other peoples kitchen and her dads kitchen is always a WRECK so I would have to clean it first...and the list goes on. I know the cake will be covered in fondant. If I travel with it, I'll have it in the back seat with the air BLOWING MADLY.

How should I handle this...I SO want to make this cake.
Thanks

5 replies
bakermommy4 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 6

bump myself

bisbqueenb Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 6

I think you would be fine making it in Vegas and transporting it. It would probably not be very tall tiered cake, and the height is more of a problem with shifting etc. and you will not have that worry. Get a box for it, put it on a LEVEL surface with the non-slip stuff under the box, and drive safely....no jackrabbit starts or slamming on the brakes! If you do stop along the way, try to find some shady spots....and keep the box out of the direct sun.

bisbqueenb Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 6

I think you would be fine making it in Vegas and transporting it. It would probably not be very tall tiered cake, and the height is more of a problem with shifting etc. and you will not have that worry. Get a box for it, put it on a LEVEL surface with the non-slip stuff under the box, and drive safely....no jackrabbit starts or slamming on the brakes! If you do stop along the way, try to find some shady spots....and keep the box out of the direct sun.

Gingoodies Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 12:22am
post #5 of 6

I vote for making it at home and transporting it to LA. Keep it level and cool and you should be ok.

bakermommy4 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for your responses...that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%