SandiKB Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 8:36pm
post #1 of

Hi

My name is Sandi, and apparently I do cakes, LOL! Ive done cakes for my kids in the past, and this past weeked I did one for a friend, well that turned into a phone call today needing a cake for tomorrow! icon_eek.gif

Here's my predicament, it's a two tier cake with polka dots and ribbons, on the top is the number 13 and squiggles supported with wire, here's my dilema, I need to make the squiggles and number today, so they'll be hard for tomorrow, I'm using Wilton fondant for the decorations, I want to color all my fondant today so the colors are the same, here's the question, can I store the cake with buttercream and fondant at room temperature overnight and add the numbers and squiggles tomorrow? Also, would a 9" square be a good size base for a 6" round top?

Thank you for any help!!!!!

Sandi :0)

5 replies
tiggy2 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 8:45pm
post #2 of

Set your 6" round on top of the 9" square and see what it looks like and go from there. Yes, the cake can be stored at room temp overnight without any problems.

notjustcakes Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:32pm
post #3 of

As long as your fillings are not perishable then your cake is fine at room temp.

notjustcakes Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:32pm
post #4 of

As long as your fillings are not perishable then your cake is fine at room temp.

SandiKB Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:41pm
post #5 of

Awesome!!! Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

SandiKB Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 10:42pm
post #6 of

Awesome!!! Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%