Buttercream Question??

Decorating By TyTy78 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 2:46am by dovelady

TyTy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TyTy78 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 6

I made a batch of buttercream using 1/2 shortening 1/2 butter. Do you think it's ok to use for an outside wedding, or should I just stick to Indydebi's buttercream. Im here in NC and it's pretty hot and humid upper 90's.

TIA

5 replies
dovelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dovelady Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 6

I cant help you on your question, but I wanted to say hello since I am in NC too!

dovelady Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 6

I cant help you on your question, but I wanted to say hello since I am in NC too!

nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 6

I'm not going to tell you that your recipe won't work, I will tell you that heat is your enemy and I would probably stick Indydebi's recipe for she knows what she is doing. Good Luck!

TyTy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TyTy78 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks! I usually always use Indydebi's, but the one with real butter tastes so good....I'm gonna stick to what I know and not try to venture out (not worth the risk)...Thanks for the replies.

Hello Dovelady!! Are you enjoying this heat??

dovelady Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:46am
post #6 of 6

Luckly I am inside tomorrow for most of the day. Baking two cakes and 3 doz cupcakes between tonight and tomorrow icon_smile.gif My grandsons birthday..family cookout tom and party for kids on Sat.
Hope your wedding cake turns out great! I dont venture the wedding cakes. Too new at this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%