Questions About Michele Foster's Fondant

Decorating By KatieKake Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 7:34pm by KatieKake

KatieKake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 4

Which of Michele Foster's recipes is the right one, the one for 3 Tbsp of Gelatin, butter, glycerin, or the one that calls for 2 Tbsp of those items, or the one that calls for 6 tsp or 3 packs of gelatin, now the packs I bought have about 2 1/2 tsp per package. I am getting more confused by the minute.

3 replies
mbt4955 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 4

You need to use Michele Foster's Fondant - it is the one with 2 T ... There is a thread on here somewhere that Michele started about putting 3 T in error and which recipe has the right quantities.

The right receipe starts like this ... Since the original post of this recipe has brought up so many comments and questions I decided to post an updated recipe with alternate versions and additional information. I have also made a few corrections to some of the ingredients. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments. Michele

Here is the link. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7446-1-Michele-Fosters-Fondant.html

I read something not too long ago about corn syrup being runnier than it used to be. Michele was going to try a different measurement ... I haven't seen anything since. I'll look at her posts real quick and see if something jumps out at me.

mbt4955 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 4

Here it is, KatieKake. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6451956-.html#6451956 The problem isn't resolved in this thread, so I'm going to post to the same one and see if anyone came up with a solution. I need to make about 4-5 batches of fondant in the next couple of weeks. I'll be using Michele's recipe, but I certainly want it to work.

KatieKake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 4

Has any one tried using 1/2 cup of syrup and 1/2 cup of glucose. That should counteract the runnier corn syrup. If it worked then we could buy the glucose in the 5 # container, as these little 1# containers don't last long enough, I doubt it they contain two cups even.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%