Edible Images

Decorating By clarinetcake Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 12:50am by clarinetcake

clarinetcake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:11am
post #1 of 7

I was looking at some clarinet cakes to possibly make for band camp. I really like this one:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_34802.html

I was wondering how to make the edible image? I asked her as well, but I wanted to ask everyone as well, just in case she doesn't respond in time. If anyone knows how to make an EASY, CHEAP edible image, I'd LOVE to know!

Thanks!

6 replies
miny Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:33am
post #2 of 7

Hi Clarinetcake, welcome to CC forums and congratulations on your first post! Well I saw the pic and it said it's made out of several EI, I guess she printed them like that to get that size cake but you can do the EI any size you need, you just have to set your computer image size but I'm thinking you can get he same effect cutting the image out of fondant and place it on top of your cake, but it has to be on one piece. HTH
Note: please forgive me if this post is repeated, I don't know what's happening and I'm embarrassed because you guys are going to think I'm doing it on pourpose but, it's not me!!! icon_redface.gif

txnonnie Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 7

I do not have a set up to do the EI, but I called a local grocery store bakery and they were willing to do one for me. I didn't do it for I decided to go another route with my photo. The cost was reasonable as well.

clarinetcake Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:43am
post #4 of 7

Well when you say set your computer, how do you print an edible image though? I don't have any fancy machinery or anything, but if it's something I can easily do myself somehow at a low cost, I would love to know how!

miny Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 5:54am
post #5 of 7

No, sadly you need a specific printer with food coloring cartridges and rice paper but you can use your own computer, it's just the printer you need, but some bakeries can print the EI for you or look online, there are some places where you can order from. HTH

clarinetcake Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 7

Oh okay! Thank you!

clarinetcake Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:50am
post #7 of 7

Oh okay! Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%