Cake & Cookie Decorating Competition In Florida Feb 2010

Decorating By Joanne1944 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 4:37am by kandu001

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:05am
post #1 of 9

Each year, the Central Florida Fair in Orlando holds a cake decorating competition. There are 3 Adult Divisions - Professional, Amateur and Beginner. Within each Division there are 13 different Categories. There is no limit to the number of entries each person can enter. There is no cost to enter.
The competition is open to all Florida residents and visitors to the State of Florida at the time of the Fair.
In 2010, the dates of the Fair are are Feb. 25th until Mar. 7th. Cakes will probably be due the prior weekend.
It may be Fall before all the details are available, but I wanted to let everyone know the dates now so you can start planning. As soon as I have specifics, I will post the information. There was a great turnout this year and the Fair hopes for an even bigger show in 2010.

8 replies
sugartforyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartforyou Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:24am
post #2 of 9

That is good to know. Once you have the specifics will be nice to know like the different categories etc... and to whom contact in order to enter. Thanks for sharing thumbs_up.gif

sugartforyou Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 9

That is good to know. Once you have the specifics will be nice to know like the different categories etc... and to whom contact in order to enter. Thanks for sharing thumbs_up.gif

sugartforyou Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:26am
post #4 of 9

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:29am
post #5 of 9

I'd be interested in hearing more details too! Please keep us posted

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 9

I don't know what the categories will be next year, but this year they were: 1. Fair Theme, 2. Wedding Cake 2 - 3 tiers, 3. Wedding Cake - 4 or more tiers, 4. Groom's Cake, 5. Novelty Shaped Cake, 6. Miscellaneous Cake, 7. Holiday/Special Occasion, 8. Gingerbread House, 9. Miniature Tiered Cake, 10. Decorated Cookies, 11. Decorated Cookie Bouquet, 12. Decorated Cupcakes, 13. Specimen Flower (botanically accurate representation of any flower or arrangement).

Cakes in each Division (Professional, Amateur, Beginner) were judged separately. Ribbons were awarded in each Category plus prizes of $75-1st, $50-2nd, $35-3rd. There was also a Best In Show awarded within each Division.

I think they may add an All Buttercream category next year, but I am not sure

I did take pictures of many of the 2009 entries. I have asked Cake Central to set up an Events album. If they do, I will upload the pictures.

danizabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danizabe Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 9

WOW! thank you for letting us know i i live in kissimme and dint know about these kind of events thank you again, please keep me posted of any kind of cake events or classes in orlando area that you know of icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

danizabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danizabe Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:20pm
post #8 of 9

WOW! thank you for letting us know i i live in kissimme and dint know about these kind of events thank you again, please keep me posted of any kind of cake events or classes in orlando area that you know of icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:37am
post #9 of 9

ooooh, that sounds like soo much fun! Thanks for the info!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%