Need Whipped Cream Recipe?

Decorating By fondantobsession Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 1:42pm by sweettoothmom1

fondantobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantobsession Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 5

PLEASE, does anyone have a good whipped cream recipe that is hardy enough to put on a cake without having to freeze it. Ive only ever used cool whip on an ice cream cake and keeped it frozen after decorating. My mother inlaw wants a whipped cream iceing on the cake im making for her 85th. thanks for any help. icon_sad.gif

4 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:12am
post #3 of 5

take cream and whip it. icon_confused.gif

No, but seriously, do a google for stabilized whipped cream

That's what you're going to need if it's going to sit out for a few minutes. Are you putting 84 candles on it, too?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #4 of 5

I have used the above recipe (Crème Chantilly) as filling or frosting for sponge cakes, Genoise and other pastries . you can pipe simple borders, rosettes with it. it should be kept refrigerated.
theresa is right if you need to keep it out longer you need to use a stabilized version of this.

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 5

i use recipe like the 1st one CHARMED sent to you. however, the cake needs still to be refrigerated. this is your best bet for this one. remember, if u over whip, it goes the other way and turns liquidy. many stabilizer recipes tell u to a add geletin. be careful with that, follow instructions well....otherwise u will have clumps of gel in your frosting. if you us a non dairy powder from the shop, add less liquid than instructed so it will be a bit stiffer - it gets stiffer once you refrigerate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%