Baking Ahead

Decorating By ebrookem Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 9:03pm by SJ169

ebrookem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebrookem Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 4

I'm sure this has been covered, but my searches aren't pulling anything.

I'm hosting a b-day party on Friday. The last batch of cakes is in the oven as I type. I've wrapped the first batch in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer. One Yahoo answers page I found said to put a HOT cake directly into the freezer to keep it moist. Other answers said to let them cool completely (this is what I did because I did it before searching.) Some answers said to decorate frozen, while others said to let thaw before decorating. What about leveling? I was so tired when I finished last night that I stuck them in the freezer unleveled. It seems like it would be easier to level them frozen, anyway. I'm not very good at leveling! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, TIA!

3 replies
SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 4

I always let me cakes cool before wrapping them and putting them in the freezer, if I have to carve the cakes or tort them I do that while they are partially frozen. I will do a crumb coat on the cakes while the are a little frozen still, but i wouldnt put a decorated cake in the freezer.
HTH!
Good Luck!!

SJ169 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 4

I always let me cakes cool before wrapping them and putting them in the freezer, if I have to carve the cakes or tort them I do that while they are partially frozen. I will do a crumb coat on the cakes while the are a little frozen still, but i wouldnt put a decorated cake in the freezer.
HTH!
Good Luck!!

SJ169 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 4

HTH!
Good Luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%