First Diaster Cake

Decorating By zdebssweetsj Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 7:14pm by vtcake

zdebssweetsj Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 7

Two weekends ago I had a bride and grooms cake to deliver on Sat. Sat morning the wedding planner called to say the brides ck had bounced for the reception hall, and at that time they didn't know where they would be holding it. So I continue on with the cakes not my problem, just let me know where to deliver the cakes. Anyway they call me after 1:00 with a location. I've finished the cakes and was waiting on them, I loaded the car , put the brides cake close so I could watch it (lots of gum paste flowers). Unfortunatly the church was located down a road with many road HUMPS!! I"m watching the brides cake closely. We arrived at the church and I open tehe back door to, a total loss. It was very hot that day. I rushed in with brides cake got it set up and ran to wal-mart. I bought two sheet cakes and one 8" cake 10 cans of icing , strawberrys, spatula. I had about 45 minutes to create a grooms cake. Now to crete a grooms cake from Walmart cost me $102.00. It still beats a refund and disappointment for B&G.

6 replies
Renaejrk Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 7

I'm so sorry this happened to you!

vtcake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:21am
post #3 of 7

I'm curious-did you have to refund any $$ because it wasn't what was ordered?

Sounds like you did a good job with some fast thinking.

vtcake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:22am
post #4 of 7

vtcake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:23am
post #5 of 7

__Jamie__ Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:32am
post #6 of 7

I was wondering the same thing.

vtcake Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 7

Still wondering!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%