Sunflower Cutters, Where Please?

Business By kellertur Updated 5 Jul 2009 , 9:16pm by Kiddiekakes

kellertur Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know where I can find a "reasonably" priced Sunflower gumpaste cutter or plunger? $20.00 seems a bit steep for one of these, or am I out of luck?

And, is there anyway to make one without a specific sunflower cutter?

Please and Thank you very much. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
PatricesPieces Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 7:49am
post #2 of 6

Here is a cutter from Scott Woolley. And here is the should take you directly to the page with the sunflower cutter on it. Just scroll down. It's only $8.00. He has some great stuff and it's pretty reasonable. The veiners are separate, but still reasonable.

Hope this helps you.

Here is the link

kellertur Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 6

I just made some suflower cupcakes last weekend and I too was looking for a cutter but did not want to spend $20.00 on one..I used a small daisy cutter and a 5 petal flower I had and layered the flowers to look like more petals.They came out great!!

umgrzfn Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 6

H you make your own cupcake sleeves/wrappers...whatever they are called? I've been looking for a tutorial or something to help me out?

Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry about the double picture post.....

I bought these sleeves.I only needed 24 and Goldaskitchen had them $3.00 for 24 so I thought that was reasonable.I have heard of people making them but I haven't seen an actual tutorial....there was one thread that said how to make them by cutting out squares of paper and pushing them into a cupcake.muffin pan and then putting in your batter but that seems to be more work than purchasing them.JMO

Quote by @%username% on %date%