Frozen Buttercream

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 7:30pm by diamondsmom

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 7

Hi CC'ers

I have some leftover buttercream in the freezer from my last cake. i need to use it next week and was wondering how do i go about using frozen buttercream or should i have put it in the cooler and not the freezer.

I hope i didn't spoil it it was sugarshacks recipe for crusting buttercream and i have soo much left over didn't want to throw it hence the reason.

6 replies
mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 7

I don't use sugarshack's recipe, but I freeze my leftover buttercream all the time. I put it into a freezer Ziplock bag and throw it in the freezer. To thaw it, I just set it on the counter or put it in some warm water if I need it quickly. Just mix it well before you use it and it should be fine!

mkm25 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 7

I don't use sugarshack's recipe, but I freeze my leftover buttercream all the time. I put it into a freezer Ziplock bag and throw it in the freezer. To thaw it, I just set it on the counter or put it in some warm water if I need it quickly. Just mix it well before you use it and it should be fine!

mkm25 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 7

mkm25 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 7

diamondsmom Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 7

thanks

diamondsmom Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 7

thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%