Does Your Shop Have A "mary Alice"?

Business By ButtercupMama Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 11:50pm by MichelleM77

ButtercupMama Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 8

Yeah, I don't have cable, so never got to watch Ace of Cakes, but my hubby just got me the first 2 seasons as a gift. I've only watched the first 2 episodes, but already I see that Mary Alice takes all the crazy request calls, keeps salespeople off Duff's back, and generally does all the office crap that consumes me.
Do you guys have someone like this, so you can stay in the kitchen? If so, what are all their responsibilities? Do they do your books? Payroll??

7 replies
all4cake Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 8

I wish I did! I call Mary Alice "The Wall"...you gotta get over,around, under or through her first!

beamom Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 8

I just hired someone to be my Mary Alice and she is wonderful. She handles my site, calender, payment reminders, appointments, mailing, order supplies, blogs, marketing and more. I found a young lady that loved the cake buz and she amazes me each day. I pay her $150 each week, but I can tell you working full-time and doing my cake buz is much easier now that I have her. for the first time in months, I enjoyed a good game of golf and for once i didn't have to worry about admin stuff.

beamom Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 8

I just hired someone to be my Mary Alice and she is wonderful. She handles my site, calender, payment reminders, appointments, mailing, order supplies, blogs, marketing and more. I found a young lady that loved the cake buz and she amazes me each day. I pay her $150 each week, but I can tell you working full-time and doing my cake buz is much easier now that I have her. for the first time in months, I enjoyed a good game of golf and for once i didn't have to worry about admin stuff.

beamom Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 8

MichelleM77 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:48pm
post #6 of 8

I wish! I need someone to answer my phone and email people prices even though they are all over my website. Sigh.

MichelleM77 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 8

I wish! I need someone to answer my phone and email people prices even though they are all over my website. Sigh.

MichelleM77 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%