Help Made Way Too Much Royal Blue Bc

Decorating By TabLea Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 5:39pm by jdelaney81

TabLea Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 11

I have about 3 lbs of Deep Royal Blue Buttercream and have no idea what to do with it icon_sad.gif It's SugarShacks recipe and it took 3 jars of gel color to get it this deep wonderful royal blue for a puppy cake I did last weekend. Now I made the mistake of coloring the whole stinking batch icon_sad.gif Which hubby called my brain fart for the day. HA! he almost got slapped icon_razz.gif

So how long will this stuff keep? Can I freeze it? What colors can I change it to?

BTW I am loving her buttercream recipe!!! It smooths wonderful and is great for this hot and humid TN weather we have here. Puppy cake was outside in 96 degree weather and didn't melt or slide at all!!! YAY!

I have attached a picture of the puppy cake so you can see how blue the frosting is. Now this is what the little girl wanted it was not suppose to be Blue Blues it was a stuffed puppy she had that she loved so much.... To me he looks a little like a hippo icon_lol.gif
LL

10 replies
Mme_K Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 11

You can package it up in ziploc bags and freeze it. You could also put it in air tight containers, & freeze, but if you use this method, I would cover it with plastic wrap, right on the surface of the icing. This will keep out condensation when you thaw it.

HTH thumbs_up.gif

bisbqueenb Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 11

Divide it up in smaller portions to freeze in ziplock bags not one huge chunk that would be hard to work with. Then when you need just a touch of color you don't have to deal with the large quantity. You can also use just a touch of the dark blue as coloring for lighter shades or mixing colors to achieve another color like turquoise or even purples by adding pinks and reds to the original blue.

jadex77x Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 11

u could add some red to make purple tones ...

jadex77x Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 11

u could add some red to make purple tones ...

PTBUGZY1 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 11

Tablea, do you have Sugarshacks recipe, I'd love to try it.

TIA icon_smile.gif

PTBUGZY1 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 11

Tablea, do you have Sugarshacks recipe, I'd love to try it.

TIA icon_smile.gif

jdelaney81 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 11

Whenever I have too much blue icing, and I always seem to, I will lighten it to a pale blue for background, or use it to make other colors. You can use it (dark or lightened) to make any shade of green or purple. Great job on the puppy btw, its very cute.

jdelaney81 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:37pm
post #9 of 11

Whenever I have too much blue icing, and I always seem to, I will lighten it to a pale blue for background, or use it to make other colors. You can use it (dark or lightened) to make any shade of green or purple. Great job on the puppy btw, its very cute.

jdelaney81 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 11

oops duplicate post

jdelaney81 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:39pm
post #11 of 11

icon_redface.gif another duplicate post. Sorry, not sure how that happened.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%