4 Tier Cake Pick Up!! Need Some Advise!

Decorating By cheesecakes-galore

cheesecakes-galore Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 1

I have a bride that has ordered a large 4 tier cake and does not want to pay for the deliver fee. So she has opted to have her family who lives here pick it up and drive it about 2 hours away. I am extremely nervous about this, since it will be in one of the hottest months of the season, and will be out of my hands. She realizes that she is responsible for it at least.

So my question is, I will use the SPS system, but was thinking of setting it up in 2 tiers, so all they have to do is set the smaller 2 tier on top. Will this work? Will I need to give her a bag of icing for any mistakes they may cause setting it up? It is a very simple cake, all buttercream (indydebi's recipe) with only a ribbon detail on the bottom of every tier, with fresh flowers.

Also when I order the SPS system, should I get the one plate on the bottom of the small 2 tier 1 inch larger, so it will be easier to handle?

Please any advise on this one will be greatly appreciated! I really need it right now after the last cake disaster I had.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%