Pls Help!!!!!!!!.need White Mmf

Decorating By queenfa Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 2:26pm by mccowen73

queenfa Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 12

Hello good pple,

I need help.my fondant is never white ,it alwys come out ivory ,no matter what i do.I use mmf.The problem is that i have a wedding this saturday and the lady requested (emphatically)whiten fondant.iI like to make my own fondant.(I will not make a dime as profit if I buy with what customers wpay here.)I don't know what else to try.

Secondly,what does white luster dust do to white fondant?is is going to help me with this situation? pls help .Urgent!!!!!

11 replies
Malakin Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 12

Are you using clear vanilla as your flavoring? Mine always turns out white but I did eventually switch over to Michele Foster's fondant. It handles and taste better than the MMF.

Malakin Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 12

Also, most of the luster dust I use gives the fondant a pearlized shine to it but it is very pretty.

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 12

When I used to make MMF, it was never ivory. Always white. And I refuse to put clear vanilla in anything I make, no matter what. Yuch! Yes, switch over to MFF, you'll never look back!

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 12

When I used to make MMF, it was never ivory. Always white. And I refuse to put clear vanilla in anything I make, no matter what. Yuch! Yes, switch over to MFF, you'll never look back!

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:48pm
post #6 of 12

sadsmile Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 12

A super white luster would help you. Using all clear flavorings like mentioned above is a great idea. Using the more expensive brand name MM will help also and it's only a few cents.

jammjenks Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 12

Wilton sells a white-white icing color. Maybe that would help. I have bought it at Hobby Lobby before.

I've made MMF a few times and it was always white. Come to think of it, I didn't use any flavorings at all. Just marshmallows, ps, and some water.

jammjenks Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:17pm
post #9 of 12

Wilton sells a white-white icing color. Maybe that would help. I have bought it at Hobby Lobby before.

I've made MMF a few times and it was always white. Come to think of it, I didn't use any flavorings at all. Just marshmallows, ps, and some water.

jammjenks Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm
post #10 of 12

mccowen73 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:25pm
post #11 of 12

The brand of marshmellows makes a difference on your shade of white in your final mmf. I just add bright white to get a nice shade of white.

mccowen73 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:26pm
post #12 of 12

The brand of marshmellows makes a difference on your shade of white in your final mmf. I just add bright white to get a nice shade of white.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%