Crazy! 9 Days!!

Decorating By melhoneybee Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 2:50pm by melhoneybee

melhoneybee Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:11am
post #1 of 34

So this gal (I spoke with her months ago, not weeks like she said in her letter) just contacted me this evening and wants all this stuff in NINE DAYS! LOL I hadn't heard back from her so long ago and I figured she went elsewhere, but no, she waited until a week and a half before the wedding to order in the busiest month of all!! She is not the bride and instead of begging to be squeezed in and just going with whatever I could find time to do, she throws me this HUGE list of demands! so I already told her I am booked, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of "the list" As Indy says "NEXT!!!!"

Here's the List:

Dear Melissa:

I spoke with you a few weeks about the possibility of making wedding cupcakes and a small wedding cake (to set on top of the cupcake stand). I can provide the dimensions to you within the next day but it will be a small cake.

What I need to confirm is the following:

1. The wedding date is July 10, 2009 (Friday). Will this fit with your schedule? It's at 6:30 pm in the evening, so I would probably need to get this by 3 pm to make sure it's set-up and delivered to the reception location.

If yes,

2. I have attached a small picture (hopefully you can enlarge it) and color samples that the bride has selected for the colors of the flowers on her cupcakes. Each cupcake should have one large flower and one or two smaller flowers similar to the picture using a mix of the colors listed below. Green leaves are ok too.

The flower colors are: Hot Pink, Lemon Yellow, Fuschia, True Red (not orange red or blue red or pink red), and a bright orange. She really wants to make sure that these colors be used. I can actually give you real samples of the colors too from fabric swatches she gave me.

3. We will be ordering 120 cupcakes and the small wedding cake. Please provide your price.

4. Delivery: I can pick these up or meet you at a mutual location. The cake and cupcakes must be packaged so that they are not damaged in shipment.

5. All frosting will be white sour cream frosting. (It will?!) Frosting for the flowers can be different if that helps in their construction. The cupcakes will be chocolate. (OMG?! THEY WILL?! HOW DOES SHE KNOW THAT?! HA!) Cupcake liners will either be white or silver (I still need to confirm this).

6. The small wedding cake will have a topper. However, there needs to be flowers on the small cake as well. Getting as close to the look in the picture would be ideal.

If this works for you, I would like to come by sometime this week to sample your cupcake and to see at least one mock-up of the cupcake with flowers. I am happy to pay you for these samples too. (Her bridal shower was cancelled because she decided she didn't want one.)

I look forward to hearing from you,

HA! Here was my response:

Hello,

I had called you a little earlier and left a message to chat a bit, but I have thought a little more and decided that there really is just no way I can fit this order in and keep my sanity. With the size and extreme amount of detail you require for this order, in combination with the fact that this is only a week and a half away, there really is just no waythis is my busiest time of the year, and I am swamped! Typically if I cant squeeze in an order, I will refer clients to other local bakers, however, with this short of notice I am positive no one else at this time of the year would be able to do this order either. I would probably be laughed at for even asking, to be quite frank. Even grocery store bakeries as a last resort, most likely wouldnt be able to complete anything on this kind of scale with only a week and a halfs notice at this time of the year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. icon_sad.gif I would have enjoyed making this order, it sounds lovely, and with more notice I would have taken it on for sure. So, again, sorry I cant help, I wish you good luck though in finding someone who can....

Melissa

33 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:16am
post #2 of 34

Oh, I would have been done after reading "July 10." icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:17am
post #3 of 34

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:18am
post #4 of 34

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:19am
post #5 of 34

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:21am
post #6 of 34

*snicker* would you have paid money to hear what she said after she read this?

melhoneybee Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:23am
post #7 of 34

HA! Lovely huh?!

saffronica Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:24am
post #8 of 34

What?! You can't do this?! I mean, after all, they're only CUPCAKES! icon_biggrin.gif

melhoneybee Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:29am
post #9 of 34

Heehee! Right, come, on, how long does it really take to make 10 dozen gourmet cupcakes with only one big and two little flowers plus green leaves in red red, not pink red, or blue red, or orange red, but red?!! SIMPLE! I should just do it for free even!

chryscrazy Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:39am
post #10 of 34

The cake and cupcakes must be packaged so that they are not damaged in shipment.

I'm glad she's telling you this because I'm sure you've never packed cakes or cupcakes before.

I hope she replies and you post it! With that attitude, I think I would be booked even on July 10, 2011.

aligotmatt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:40am
post #11 of 34

fantastic! I can't wait for her reply! lol

bakermommy4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:40am
post #12 of 34

What about those potential clients that can't take no for an answer....her response might go something like..."ummm, so are you saying you can't do this, or should I just come by and we can still discuss the different variations of red...or true red...or purplish red..." LOL LOL

Your response was very professional and I'd give anything to hear her response to your very cordial answer.

chryscrazy Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:40am
post #13 of 34

The cake and cupcakes must be packaged so that they are not damaged in shipment.

I'm glad she's telling you this because I'm sure you've never packed cakes or cupcakes before.

I hope she replies and you post it! With that attitude, I think I would be booked even on July 10, 2011.

aligotmatt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #14 of 34

bakermommy4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #15 of 34

What about those potential clients that can't take no for an answer....her response might go something like..."ummm, so are you saying you can't do this, or should I just come by and we can still discuss the different variations of red...or true red...or purplish red..." LOL LOL

Your response was very professional and I'd give anything to hear her response to your very cordial answer.

chryscrazy Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #16 of 34

aligotmatt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:42am
post #17 of 34

bakermommy4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:42am
post #18 of 34

chryscrazy Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:42am
post #19 of 34

aligotmatt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:43am
post #20 of 34

bakermommy4 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:43am
post #21 of 34

melhoneybee Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:02am
post #22 of 34

haha! You gals are so funny! I knew you all would get a kick out of this! LOL I always LOVE to read the stories of the crazies on here, but now, YAY! I finally got my very own crazy person! YIPEE for me! icon_biggrin.gif

PinkZiab Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:53pm
post #23 of 34

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when this chick (whoever she is) tells the bride--9 days before her wedding--that she's not going to have a cake! lol

melhoneybee Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:14pm
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when this chick (whoever she is) tells the bride--9 days before her wedding--that she's not going to have a cake! lol

Oh gosh, yea! How do you tell a bride that?! I see lots of late night cupcake baking in this lady's future! LOL

jillmakescakes Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:36pm
post #25 of 34

Is there a special planet that beams these people down here just to mess with us?

While her list would have been reasonable several months out, 9 days icon_eek.gif

thumbs_up.gif for you for responding professionally, but honestly.

Who is this woman anyway? Friend of the bride, wedding planner, or "wedding planner" (""'s are for those three-times-a-bridesmaid-so-now-i'm-a-wedding-planner-people.)

jillmakescakes Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:37pm
post #26 of 34

Is there a special planet that beams these people down here just to mess with us?

While her list would have been reasonable several months out, 9 days icon_eek.gif

Who is this woman anyway? Friend of the bride, wedding planner, or "wedding planner" (""'s are for those three-times-a-bridesmaid-so-now-i'm-a-wedding-planner-people.)

jillmakescakes Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:38pm
post #27 of 34

jillmakescakes Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:39pm
post #28 of 34

costumeczar Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #29 of 34

My favorite part of that email was the statement that she'd be stopping by to sample your cupcakes and view "at least one mockup" of the small cake! icon_confused.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:20pm
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

My favorite part of that email was the statement that she'd be stopping by to sample your cupcakes and view "at least one mockup" of the small cake! icon_confused.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That was pretty cheeky wasn't it??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%