Please Help!!! I Have A Cake Due In 2 Days

Decorating By sweetcakesbydesign Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 4:46pm by JanH

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 5

I'm trying to do a camoflauge cake, with the print with buttrcream. I've seen pics on cc but have no idea on how to do it. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks,
Sweetcakesbydesign

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 5

I have never made one but........here's what I would do:

Give the cake a good crumb coating. Pipe or spatula on a somewhat thick blob of one color icing, spreading in very irregular pattern until smooth; do the same with the other 2 colors, until the cake is completely covered. Won't hurt if some icing overlaps another color. Allow to curst and smooth well with paper towel.

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 5

I've never made one either, but I think you can also try is this:

Get several bags with couplers- no tips- and fill with the desired color you want.

Make several dots on the cake scattered around (in the different colors). The dots will look pointy, but when it crusts...get a Viva paper towel and smooth them out with the fondant smoother, as you would do with the Viva method. Once they've been smoothed out, it will probably look camoflouge-ish.

I hope this made sense! lol...
Good luck

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 5

I have one in my pictures. I simply colored buttercream in different colors and iced the cake in stages. It took a lot of time but I think it turned out ok.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%