Please Help!!!!! Cake Due Tomorrow

Decorating By sweetcakesbydesign Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 4:38pm by JanH

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:19am
post #1 of 6

I have a cake order for a camoflauge themed cake, and have no clue on how to do that print on the cake with icing icon_redface.gif . I've seen pics on cc but no one put how they did the design. Does anyone know how to do this?

TIA,
Sweetcakesbydesign

5 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:28am
post #2 of 6

Well, i would base ice the cake in green then just put some dabs of brown and black on the cake and smooth out with a spatula and some paper towels.

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:29am
post #3 of 6

Do you have an airbrush? That probably would work the best on icing (or even fondant really). I would get a sample of camo to look at, practice a bit on a paper towel or leftover fondant and then try your best on the actual cake.

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:30am
post #4 of 6

Do you have an airbrush? That probably would work the best on icing (or even fondant really). I would get a sample of camo to look at, practice a bit on a paper towel or leftover fondant and then try your best on the actual cake.

pattiverde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattiverde Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:48am
post #5 of 6

I agree with Peg818. It would be especially easy with fondant: you would just put random shapes of brown and tan fondant over green fondant (or something like that) and roll over it to blend it in. Then cover your cake with it.

icon_smile.gif patti

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%