Fondant Is Dusty Colored...what Do I Do?

Decorating By SusanSayl Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 12:41am by SugarLover2

SusanSayl Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:31am
post #1 of 9

My MMF is very dusty colored from rolling it on the powder sugar coated surface. How do I remove the dustyness? When I brush it off, it still look slightly dusty. I can't seem to acheive the bright and deep colors that I want because of this. PLEASE HELP

8 replies
aligotmatt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:36am
post #2 of 9

Rub with crisco.

aligotmatt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:37am
post #3 of 9

Rub with crisco.

SugarLover2 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 9

You can roll it out with a little bit of cornstarch instead, but it will still be a bit dusty. Some people use a bit of shortening on the mat for that reason. If you need to hide the dustyness try taking a big brush (like a blush brush fat) and dust on some lustre dust or some other sparkly dust.

aligotmatt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #5 of 9

Rub with crisco.

SugarLover2 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:39am
post #6 of 9

You can roll it out with a little bit of cornstarch instead, but it will still be a bit dusty. Some people use a bit of shortening on the mat for that reason. If you need to hide the dustyness try taking a big brush (like a blush brush fat) and dust on some lustre dust or some other sparkly dust.

aligotmatt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:39am
post #7 of 9

Rub with crisco.

SugarLover2 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:40am
post #8 of 9

SugarLover2 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:41am
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%