Can I Freeze, Defrost, Re-Freeze?

Decorating By mommyandmecakes Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 8:36pm by 1234me

mommyandmecakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 6

I made all my cakes for the week last saturday and froze them. Took a cake out this am before work to defrost so I can decorate tonight. Just talked to a family member who requested it and she said "oh, I forgot to call you - we postponed the party a week!" Thanks for telling me!!!!! So can I refreeze it for a week? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
mommyandmecakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone have any thoughts or advice??? This cake is still in my freezer. Can I pull it out and decorate it??? Should I let it defrost first?? Can I put it back in the freezer decorated or has it made too many trips in and out of freezericon_smile.gificon_smile.gif if not, is it too early (mon) to take it out and decorate an let it sit out until party on fri?
Sorry for all the questions
Thank u so much, I am absolutely loving this site !!!

mommyandmecakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 6

Anyone have any thoughts or advice??? This cake is still in my freezer. Can I pull it out and decorate it??? Should I let it defrost first?? Can I put it back in the freezer decorated or has it made too many trips in and out of freezericon_smile.gificon_smile.gif if not, is it too early (mon) to take it out and decorate an let it sit out until party on fri?

mommyandmecakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 6

mommyandmecakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 6

1234me Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 6

I have done it many times with no problem. I use a doctored cake mix, if that matters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%