Help With Freezing Cake

Business By Destinys_Delights Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 4:05pm by cakesdivine

Destinys_Delights Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 16

I have never frozen my cakes before but I have my first tasting this week and don't want the extra cake to go to waste. Can someone please tell me the correct way to freeze cake so I don't waste it thinking its covered good and its hard as a rock, when i need it icon_razz.gif Thanks!

15 replies
missyd4e Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 16

I cover mine in saran wrap, wrap with tinfoil and put it in the freezer, but I always do this right after they come out of the oven.

cakesdivine Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:32am
post #3 of 16

I have said it once, I have said it a million times, Use Press N'seal wrap. Sticky side towards the cake. It seals out all air and they make a freezer version that is great! No need to wrap with anything additionally.

cakesdivine Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:33am
post #4 of 16

I have said it once, I have said it a million times, Use Press N'seal wrap. Sticky side towards the cake. It seals out all air and they make a freezer version that is great! No need to wrap with anything additionally.

cakesdivine Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:34am
post #5 of 16

cakesdivine Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:35am
post #6 of 16

cakesdivine Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:35am
post #7 of 16

matthewkyrankelly Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:41am
post #8 of 16

Thankfully cakes divine, I believe you. With the new system here, when we all say it once, we say it a thousand times! Now how many times wil I say it? Hmm... icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:54am
post #9 of 16

Bake, cool completely, wrap in layers of plastic wrap, put in a bread bag, freezer bag or use foil for bigger ones and pop it in the freezer.

cakesdivine Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #10 of 16

OMG...LOL! I never checked back to see if the post hiccupped! And boy did it ever! Sorry guys, I would have deleted all the "additional" posts had I realized, but it was quite comical considering what that post said...LOL!!!!

cakesdivine Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:42pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Bake, cool completely, wrap in layers of plastic wrap, put in a bread bag, freezer bag or use foil for bigger ones and pop it in the freezer.

Omit the "cool completely" you will have a moister, more flavorful product wrapping hot and flash freezing icon_biggrin.gif

Just make sure you have lined the bottom of your pan with parchment paper so the cake doesn't crack when dumping.

KANNIE Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:28pm
post #12 of 16

I NEED HELP FINDING A RECIPE THAT 1. TASTE GREAT 2. IS ABLE TO BE SCULPTED.. I HEAR WAY TO OFTEN THAT WOW THEIR CAKE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT TASTED HORRIBLE.. I HAVE USED BOXED CAKE MIXES.. BUT I AM FINDING THEY'RE NOT DENSE ENOUGH.. BUT I HAVE HAD COMMENTS GALORE "YOUR CAKE NOT ONLY LOOKS GREAT, BUT IT ALSO TASTE GREAT".. YES ALL FROM A DOCKERED UP CAKE MIX.. HA HA..

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GREAT TASTING RECIPE THAT CAN WITHSTAND SCULPTING??

KANNIE Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:29pm
post #13 of 16

I NEED HELP FINDING A RECIPE THAT 1. TASTE GREAT 2. IS ABLE TO BE SCULPTED.. I HEAR WAY TO OFTEN THAT WOW THEIR CAKE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT TASTED HORRIBLE.. I HAVE USED BOXED CAKE MIXES.. BUT I AM FINDING THEY'RE NOT DENSE ENOUGH.. BUT I HAVE HAD COMMENTS GALORE "YOUR CAKE NOT ONLY LOOKS GREAT, BUT IT ALSO TASTE GREAT".. YES ALL FROM A DOCKERED UP CAKE MIX.. HA HA..

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GREAT TASTING RECIPE THAT CAN WITHSTAND SCULPTING??

YummyChoo Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 8:24pm
post #14 of 16

Im based in the uk, is baking parchment like the saran wrap your talking about or is it like plastic freezer bags??

KANNIE Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 11:51pm
post #15 of 16

baking parchment is more like waxed paper.. saran wrap is like plastic.. bags

cakesdivine Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:05pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyChoo

Im based in the uk, is baking parchment like the saran wrap your talking about or is it like plastic freezer bags??

Parchement paper is what is and actual type of paper that resists heat well and keeps baked goods from sticking to pans. Waxed paper is similar but waxed paper will burn in the oven

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%