Is There A 'newbie' Section???

Decorating By Weedmonzo Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 10:45pm by pearlg

Weedmonzo Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 19

I have a hundred questions, all of which I am sure have been asked dozens of times, but I'm not seeing any kind of "Newbie" section. I hate to be redundant, yet most of this lingo is way over my head. Am I missing a section for beginners or is there not one? Thank you...this website IS addicting!
Beth in N icon_confused.gif ashville

18 replies
RachieRach Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 19

I dont' know but am curious as well. From one newbie to another, welcome!

RachieRach Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 19

RachieRach Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 19

DancingCakes2008 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 19

I say ask your questions. It doesn't matter how many times things are asked everyone on here is always willing to help out.

Plus, most the time even those who are experienced learn a thing or two.

So, Welcome to CC and ask away. icon_biggrin.gif

DancingCakes2008 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 19

I say ask your questions. It doesn't matter how many times things are asked everyone on here is always willing to help out.

DancingCakes2008 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 19

DancingCakes2008 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 19

lauralee422 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:33pm
post #9 of 19

First off let's talk about multiple postings LOL. Just kidding! Welcome! I have been on this site for awhile and still learning. There is technically no "newbie" area of the site, but I suggest hanging out in this, the "how do I" forum as there are many questions on how to do things. There should be a glossary of terms and definitions because the anagrams are tough: BC [Buttercream] MMF [Marshmellow Fondant] FBCT [Frozen Buttercream tranfer.. etc...hey anyone have any others to throw in?

If there is something you need help with I would search for it, and you'll start getting used to the site. Hang in there, and have fun!

HTH [hope this helps!]

thumbs_up.gif

lauralee422 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:34pm
post #10 of 19

First off let's talk about multiple postings LOL. Just kidding! Welcome! I have been on this site for awhile and still learning. There is technically no "newbie" area of the site, but I suggest hanging out in this, the "how do I" forum as there are many questions on how to do things. There should be a glossary of terms and definitions because the anagrams are tough: BC [Buttercream] MMF [Marshmellow Fondant] FBCT [Frozen Buttercream tranfer.. etc...hey anyone have any others to throw in?

If there is something you need help with I would search for it, and you'll start getting used to the site. Hang in there, and have fun!

HTH [hope this helps!]

thumbs_up.gif

lauralee422 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:35pm
post #11 of 19

HTH [hope this helps!]

thumbs_up.gif

lauralee422 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:36pm
post #12 of 19

HTH [hope this helps!]

thumbs_up.gif

lauralee422 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:37pm
post #13 of 19

HTH [hope this helps!]

thumbs_up.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:38pm
post #14 of 19

And make sure to help yourself as well. There is a search function, and keywords to use, and good ole' Google is amazing as well. You can usually find the answer to a question simply by utilizing those options. icon_smile.gif

pearlg Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:42pm
post #15 of 19

from another newbie, welcome!! everyone is nice here and would give an answer to any question if they know the answer, people will even point you in the direction of someone who can.
In the forum section, look at the section for general topics, you will find the Cake Central Acronyms well explained, also some "sticky2 for newbiews.
here is the link for the acronyms in the general toipcs section
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926.html

Have fun!!

pearlg Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:43pm
post #16 of 19

from another newbie, welcome!! everyone is nice here and would give an answer to any question if they know the answer, people will even point you in the direction of someone who can.
In the forum section, look at the section for general topics, you will find the Cake Central Acronyms well explained, also some "sticky2 for newbiews.

Have fun!!

pearlg Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:44pm
post #17 of 19

Have fun!!

saffronica Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:45pm
post #18 of 19

I'm with you! I see posts in which people complain about redundant threads, but it's so hard for us newbies to find the old ones!

Here is one link that I have found particularly helpful. It's a list of commonly used abbreviations, so you don't have to wonder (like I did!) what in the world "WASC" is.

Welcome to Cake Central!

pearlg Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:45pm
post #19 of 19

Have fun!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%