How To: Avoid Duplicate Posts:

Decorating By cupcakeco Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm by GayeG

cupcakeco Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 11

When you hit "submit", watch the progress bar in your browser and hit "Stop" in your browser when it has reached just under a quarter full. I noticed this helps to cut the number of duplicates back to one or two as opposed to 3 or 4.

Also, if you are the OP of a thread that has posted multiple times, you can delete the extra threads before they have been replied to. Click to view the thread, and in the top right hand corner of your message will be a grey "X" in a square. This will delete just that one, not all, so it may be that you have to do it 2 or 3 times to get rid of the extra threads.

HTH

10 replies
chefjulie Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:39am
post #2 of 11

Good to know!

Now... How do we get our new pics to upload without it telling us that it's a duplicate photo?

chefjulie Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:40am
post #3 of 11

It worked icon_smile.gif I dont have a status bar though (I use Firefox), so I just guessed.

umgrzfn Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:54am
post #4 of 11

I just got a PM from Health telling me "FYI, BUMPing is not legal and a moderator may delete your post". Just wanted to let you know! I think it's kinda silly, but they have the site. icon_sad.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:11am
post #5 of 11

Thanks cupcakeco! Let's see if it works. icon_smile.gif

Liniti Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:11am
post #6 of 11

OP, thanks for the tip about how to stop duplicate posts. I'm sure CC appreciates us saving them the bandwidth......

7yyrt Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:21pm
post #7 of 11

I wait about 5 seconds, and then hit the reload button.

Doug Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:24pm
post #8 of 11

I'm just counting off 10 seconds before hitting the stop button.

the ol' one thousand one, one thousand two, ..... on up to one thousand ten.

or

one missisippi, two mississippi, ......on up to ten mississippi

so far, has worked every time

cupcakeco Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:19pm
post #9 of 11

Definitely all good methods and they work. thumbs_up.gif

GayeG Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:30pm
post #10 of 11

Hahaha sorry cupcakeco!! - that gave me a chuckle - I love a good Oxymoron!!

GayeG Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm
post #11 of 11

And as you can see - it worked for me also!! Thanx for that tip - its been making me CrAzY reading all these triplicate post!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%