Marble Slab For Tabling Chocolate

Sugar Work By airangel0 Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 9:10pm by Marci

airangel0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
airangel0 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 9

I was wondering where I could get a marble slab for chocolate work?I'm hooked on chocolate and candy.I have a very good tape knife.

8 replies
Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 9

i got mine at a local shop that sells stone for countertops. I got a pice of Caberra marbel but it was VERY expensive.

airangel0 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 9

I kinda figured it was going to be pricey.I never thought i'd like chocolate work so much

airangel0 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 9

I kinda figured it was going to be pricey.I never thought i'd like chocolate work so much

airangel0 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 9

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 9

I sadly broke mine a month ago and have been in mourning! I have googled my brains out looking for one. Williams Sonoma has the size I like but not the price (I want a Big one - 21 or 24") and Kitchen Collection has some. I think they were the best price, but it was too small..

Now I remember where I'm going to get one from: they have different sizes and I thought they were reasonable!

This link leads to Villaware Imperia Atlas Kitchenware by Kasbahouse where you'll find this product.
http://www.kasbahouse.com/detail.asp?product_id=453

Good Luck! Please let me know where you finally get one from. icon_smile.gif

auntbeesbaking Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 9

I sadly broke mine a month ago and have been in mourning! I have googled my brains out looking for one. Williams Sonoma has the size I like but not the price (I want a Big one - 21 or 24") and Kitchen Collection has some. I think they were the best price, but it was too small..

Now I remember where I'm going to get one from: they have different sizes and I thought they were reasonable!

This link leads to Villaware Imperia Atlas Kitchenware by Kasbahouse where you'll find this product.

auntbeesbaking Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 9

Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 9

My granite slab is a countertop that a home renovation company removed from someone's home when they were remodeling a kitchen. You should call around some of the smaller companies and see if they would hold one for you, the next time they have to cut out some countertop. Although, it does weigh like 60 pounds - but I don't have to worry about using sugar that is too hot and it cracking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%