Screwed Up I Think

Baking By dinie Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 7:28pm by traci

dinie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinie Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 3

I just got done baling a 14 inch white cake and I think I screwed it up not sure maybe someone could let me know what you think it is for a order and I don't want it to be wrong what I did was forgot to add the oil.
I used
2 Betty Crocker White cake mixes
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups sour cream
2 cups canned milk
2 cups liquid egg whites
1 tbl almond extract

It should have had 1 1/2 cups oil but totally forgot to add it. It looks okay and it smells great it is still hot so I can't cut it to see how it taste so I was hoping that someone would know if this cake is ruined and I should start over. I still need to make the chocolate layer the customer wants a black and white cake.
icon_cry.gif

2 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 3

I know that I have forgotten the oil before and I just cut off the top of the cake after it cooled to see if it was too dry. It was not too dry so I used it and it was fine.

I would wait a little bit longer and when it cools see it if can cut a piece off and taste it. I would use it if it does not seen dry.

You could also brush it with a little simple syrup and that might help moisten it up some.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 3

I know that I have forgotten the oil before and I just cut off the top of the cake after it cooled to see if it was too dry. It was not too dry so I used it and it was fine.

I would wait a little bit longer and when it cools see it if can cut a piece off and taste it. I would use it if it does not seen dry.

You could also brush it with a little simple syrup and that might help moisten it up some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%